Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Power, but no boot

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jcxhc

jcxhc

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 07 July 2005 - 05:12 PM

Hi, Ive been having a lot of problems with my computer lately. Im using a custom computer, with an Intel Celeron processor, and WinXP Pro for my OS. About a week ago, I turned my computer on, and it displayed a screen that said windows failed to load properly. I chose to startup normally, and it began to startup, but then when it got about halfway through the windoes loading screen, it rebooted. That is all I could get it to do. I left for a few days, and when I came back, I turned the computer on, and the power came on, but it didnt even start to load. It doesnt even turn the monitor on. I am completely lost, and have no idea what to do. Any Ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thedon57

thedon57

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 07 July 2005 - 06:50 PM

it sounds as if some files have been corrupted, do you mean you dont even see Dos come up.
Now installed Microsoft Security Essencials on my Tower with Windows Home Premium 32bit and Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop with Windows Home Premium 64bit

#3 jcxhc

jcxhc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2005 - 07:46 PM

it sounds as if some files have been corrupted, do you mean you dont even see Dos come up.

No, nothing comes up at all.

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2005 - 08:02 PM

Get a Win 98 boot disc and see what happens when you start the computer with the disc in the floppy drive.

#5 caesarjr

caesarjr

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2005 - 09:19 PM

I have the same issue. I decided that it was a motherboard problem, so I replaced the motherboard which included new memory and a new processor. Same problem. I have taken all of the cards out, disconnected the drives and took out the memory to see if I could even get an error beep figuring it was some interference on the bus to no avail. If anyone has any ide, please let me know. The only thing left is the power supply... Caesar...

#6 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2005 - 09:35 PM

You guys are thinking way way way top hard about this.

Its simply a os corruption error. Obtain a new copy of windows xp and reinstall it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users