Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to start from square 1 again?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 poy213

poy213

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 07 July 2009 - 03:53 PM

Hi everyone...

I am desperately need of some help. I have been having a lot of problems with my laptop the past month and now it is at all time high. My laptop at the moment is going on a "BLUE SCREEN" and shuts it self off everytime i try to turn it on normally. Therefore i can only use my laptop in SAFEMODE W/ NETWORKING so i could use the net to try to get some help. I have bump into the process on how to do it before in the help page in windows, but unfortunately i couldn't locate the windows vista disc that came with my laptop at that time but i have found the disc yesterday. Since yesterday i have been trying to locate the instructions on how to reboot the whole system, but i could not find it.

Im hoping someone could help me find the process or instruct me on a better way on fixing my laptop. I have tried on doing the system restore several times but it isnt working. Also have tried to run memory diagnostic tool and couldnt run it either..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keny111111

keny111111

• Members
  • 406 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2009 - 04:18 PM

does your comp have a recovery partition? if yes. see if this helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/hardware-s...structions.html

good luck

if no. put the disc in drive and restart. you may have to enable boot from cd drive 1st.

to enter bios restart. start tapping the f2 key. you will enter bios screen.
enter bios and choose cd/dvd drive to be 1st to boot. using arrow keys. when you have cd set 1st hit the f10 key to save settings and exit.
restart then recover disc will boot. follow instructions. (restore to factory condition or something like that.

you will lose all your data. ie pictures ect
Have A Great Day

...........Kenny.............

#3 poy213

poy213
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2009 - 06:02 PM

thank u very much. i will try the process and see how it goes.. i dont mind loosing everything i had made copies of everything already. once again thank u and i hope it works.

#4 poy213

poy213
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:04 PM

Hey its me again... it worked perfectly. thank you thank you thank you very much again kenny... i everything is perfect right now. but i have one quick question during the re-boot i came across a message saying there will be a second set of windows file and my old windows vista files will be marked "OLD"... So is it safe and will my laptop work fine if i did delete all files made prior to todays installations???

#5 keny111111

keny111111

• Members
  • 406 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:45 AM

hello and congrats :huh:

make sure everything runs ok before deleting "old" files.
after that delete away.
Have A Great Day

...........Kenny.............

#6 poy213

poy213
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:48 PM

thanks again.. and yes i am double checking everything prior to deleting anything.... once again thank you and really appreciate it....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users