Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is this the correct forum for questions about Dell.UCM and ControlPoint on my new laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 aelfgifa

aelfgifa

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:58 PM

Hello,

Before I go into any detail, I just wanted to make sure I was in the right forum. I searched and didn't find anything else on this topic so I'm either in the wrong place, or I made a typo. But my brand new, firewalled, virus protected laptop shouldn't be so #### slow.

Thanks,

Aelfgifa

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 PM

Posted 07 July 2009 - 03:23 PM

If it's about the programs that came pre-installed with the computer, The Vista forum would be better
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 aelfgifa

aelfgifa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 09 July 2009 - 04:37 AM

garmanma,

Thanks. I actually have XP SP3 (have been afraid to even take the VISTA disk out of the wrapper), but it seems like Windows, Kaspersky IS, Dell are all trying to control my WLAN card at the same time and stumbling over each other's feet. There is probably a technical term for this, but I am not bright enough to know what it is. When I try to read my email in Thunderbird, it will only allow me to download the headers, not the messages. This is not incredibly useful.

Is it possible to just move this to the right forum? If not, I'll try again tomorrow, it's about 1:30 AM here now and I am falling asleep. I am beginning to think that all I have to do is look at a computer and it will self destruct. I've trashed about three in two years, mostly by following bad advice on the internet, so I think I will just stay here where I feel safe (stupid but safe).

Thanks again - the people here are great. I just didn't know what forum I belonged in.

aelfgifa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users