Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

256 color?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Taya

Taya

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 07 July 2005 - 04:03 PM

Hey everyone!
Thanks for the help. I got my 2nd computer up and running but...there is no 256 color?
Yes, I know where it is supposed to be but all I have is 16-bit and 2 colors.
WHY?
How do I get it? I need it for my games and such!
Anyone gotta clue?
Let me know!
Thanks!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 thedon57

thedon57

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 07 July 2005 - 04:23 PM

you say you got your system up and running did you put your systems disk in, not the windows one, you see your systems disk is needed for your motherboard, and also installs your 256 colours.

Hope this helps

Edited by thedon57, 07 July 2005 - 04:24 PM.

Now installed Microsoft Security Essencials on my Tower with Windows Home Premium 32bit and Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop with Windows Home Premium 64bit

#3 thedon57

thedon57

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 07 July 2005 - 06:20 PM

we need info on what motherboard you have installed. is the any chance you and take the side of the tower and write down what you see on your motherboard, and what colour it is. if you cant will try and find out what the name is of the program you need to run to tell you the name. :thumbsup:

Hi the name of the program you need to run is Belarc adviser

Edited by thedon57, 08 July 2005 - 03:12 PM.

Now installed Microsoft Security Essencials on my Tower with Windows Home Premium 32bit and Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop with Windows Home Premium 64bit

#4 bicycle bill

bicycle bill

• Banned
  • 339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 07 July 2005 - 07:38 PM

If you are running 98 maybe you can try this.

Right click desktop>properties>settings>advanced. THen click "show settings icon on taskbar." If it works you will have all the settings to choose from.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users