Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Converting handwritten notes to type

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jobrien8

jobrien8

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:47 AM

I'm looking for a software that could be used to convert handwritten notes into typed notes after the handwritten file is scanned. I'm working in an office where there are a lot of handwritten notes taken at meetings and my boss has asked me to find a way to convert these handwritten notes into text form to be shared throughout the office. She said she felt there might be a program that could take a scanned image of the handwriting and change it into a more legible, typed out document. I don't know if this really exists but if there is such a software I'm looking for what it is called. The sooner I hear back the better so please, if you know anything about this, let me know. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2009 - 03:31 PM

You want an OCR to text converter

I've seen this one. You will need to buy the full version not the free, for hand written notes
http://www.simpleocr.com/
http://www.whoismadhur.com/2008/10/17/conv...with-simpleocr/
several others:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&cli...mp;oq=&aqi=

Edited by garmanma, 07 July 2009 - 03:33 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 jobrien8

jobrien8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2009 - 10:55 PM

would it matter if the letters are NOT disconnected? it's in a scrip form so all the letters are linked together.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2009 - 09:25 AM

That I do not know
See if the paid for version has a free trial and find out

Edited by garmanma, 12 July 2009 - 09:26 AM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users