Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

artemis (trojan)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ladyb1998

ladyb1998

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 07 July 2009 - 06:33 AM

I have been using combofix for a long time to clean people computer. This morning I went to download from this site and Mcafee detected it as an Artemis (trojan). Is it a problem with Mcafee V13.11 dat 5668 detecting a false postive or the file itself. any help would be useful

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Someones

Someones

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:10 PM

I think McAfee detected it as a trojan via their Artemis technology. If you downloaded Combofix from Bleeping Computer or another trusted site it's probably a false positive. You should also read this description on Combofix:

You should not run ComboFix unless you are specifically asked to by a helper. Also, due to the power of this tool it is strongly advised that you do not attempt to act upon any of the information displayed by ComboFix without supervision from someone who has been properly trained. If you do so, it may lead to problems with the normal functionality of your computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users