Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can recieve but can't send emails

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AvenueBeads

AvenueBeads

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 AM

Posted 06 July 2009 - 11:38 PM

Just set up a new computer and I get this error message when trying to send an email. I've double checked everything on my old computer and everything is the same in the settings.

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Fw: [NEW ORDER] Order Confirmation No: 743', Account: 'Avenue Beads Email', Server: 'smtpout.securesever.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

I've disabled my firewall and antivirus and tried that but it didn't matter. However I can successfully send an email using our second computer. Same email sever different email address. Not sure if that info will help with anything or not.

~Joe~

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AvenueBeads

AvenueBeads
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 AM

Posted 07 July 2009 - 05:31 PM

Changed my outgoing ports and now everything is working again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users