Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Free Up Spce on D to C Drive??

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Wolfman09

Wolfman09

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 06 July 2009 - 08:16 PM

First off this forum and it's members are a God send especially for a non techie person.

My old trusty Compaq is holding up great but even after removing programs and transferring lots of files
to disc as well as over to my external hard drive...

I need a couple of gigs still on my C drive.

Years ago by accident I believe I partitioned my drive and have a D drive that still has available just over 3 Gigs on it.

Is there a way to use the free space on D drive or transfer over the free space to C drive?

Hate to admit I'm that much of a techno goof but when it comes to the operational and tech stuff I'm in the woods.

Because I have an external with lots of space I just need a couple of gigs on the PC to keep it running as fast as possible and when viewing Youtube videos and what not.

Also to effectively to defrag I need a minimum of space on C and at this point I don't even have enough
to make that happen.

Your help and ideas are much appreciated and especially if you can explain the process to do the above, IF possible, in simple terms.

Thank you

Edited by Wolfman09, 06 July 2009 - 08:18 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jasonb20

Jasonb20

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 06 July 2009 - 11:08 PM

Welcome to the forums Wolfman! I'm pretty new here as well and not savy with computers but I'm learning. I'm not going to give you advice cause this in fact would be "the blind leading the blind", however I'm having a very similar issue with Windows XP on my old dell desktop. I also partitioned my drives wrong accidentally and virtually have no space availible on the c drive. Here's my topic I posted yesterday with some advice from others. Hope you find this somewhat helpful!
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/239205/only-8mb-capacity-on-my-c-drive/

Edited by Jasonb20, 06 July 2009 - 11:09 PM.

#3 Wolfman09

Wolfman09
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 06 July 2009 - 11:20 PM

Welcome to the forums Wolfman! I'm pretty new here as well and not savy with computers but I'm learning. I'm not going to give you advice cause this in fact would be "the blind leading the blind", however I'm having a very similar issue with Windows XP on my old dell desktop. I also partitioned my drives wrong accidentally and virtually have no space availible on the c drive. Here's my topic I posted yesterday with some advice from others. Hope you find this somewhat helpful!
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/239205/only-8mb-capacity-on-my-c-drive/

Thanks much will check it out.

I SHOULD Also add I'm running windows 2000 pro edition as well if that makes a difference.

Ok..off to read Jason's thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users