Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer will not Boot past Windows error recovery page.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 owddog

owddog

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 06 July 2009 - 05:20 PM

Firstly, I have to explain I am very inexperianced in all things computing and have only owned/used one since September last (08). Lo I enjoy it so much I bought another one S/hand over the net a couple of weeks ago, so it begins.

Machine is a HP6910p running Vista Business with Office 07 pro+ and a lot of Adobe apps, as soon has I recieved it I dropped down Belarc Advisor which verified all hardware and software were in order. Over the next few days I updated both the MS and Adobe, MS also verified the system updateing with Vista SP2 amongest others, I then uninstalled the provided Antivirus (Avast free), and installed my own Security apps Kaspersky 6.0 which comes curtousy of my ISP, SuperAntiSpyware free and Guardian Anti-Spy.

The latter of these (Guardian) identified one malware program (Trojan CIA B/Door)which I believed it had removed, it was only later while googling my problems I became aware how serious and sophisticated a threat this particular malware is. I switched on one Saturday morning turned my back to make a cup of tea when I returned it was a complete burn out Antivirus gone wireless connection gone everything frozen and locked up solid. From there it's been all down hill, has no recovery disks or partition were provided with the machine and the seller either will not or cannot respond to my requests for help.

To the point were we are now:- cannot Boot out of windows error recover page. However I have found the Vista Recovery/Restore CD hosted by Neosmart (Bless em) and have attempted to repair and/or restore the OS a number of times, though all unsuccessful, it has provided some error messages which are:

1) system restore failed due to an unspecified error.
The device is not ready
(0x80070015)

2) c/windows/bfsvc.exe
this message, over a black box, flashes up very briefly during repair process.

As it seems to me I have to be able to Boot into windows before I can attempt to do anything else, I have tried to repair the Boot file, as I noted in the advice Of "Groovicus" to another member's problems RE: Bootrec.exe, I tried the first two options /FixMbr and /Fix Boot neither had any effect and I don't have enough experiance and/or confidence to take this option any further without guidance, I would ask if there is anyone with any advice out there - I'ed be very greatful to hear it

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users