Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spam emails, infections, insanity

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 empressofanime

empressofanime

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 06 July 2009 - 02:51 PM

I've somehow sent 3 spam emails in the span of 2 months from my yahoo account. I've not been downloading, or opening attachments that weren't 100% trustworthy, but every time I run symantec lately, it says that there's something new. I've run spybot and adaware, and they clear me each time, only for new things to be found again. Is there hope for me? Pardon me if my tone is brusque, I've just finished with yahoo live chat "help" which described to me what a virus is and how to change my password. helpful.ugh.

I know at some point I was dealing with vundo. I downloaded anti-malware, which also now shows no problems.

windows XP, I use firefox, all of my anti-virus are up to date. I can provide any other info anyone need, please please please help! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 empressofanime

empressofanime
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 06 July 2009 - 08:56 PM

Symantec is finding four things that it can't fix, but says are in quarantine. I'm posting a screencap. The main symptom at this point are the emails that are links to "rapidshare" sent to my whole address book.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users