Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

folders won't open, please help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 absolutgreene

absolutgreene

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 07 July 2005 - 11:01 AM

starting a few days ago i cannot open any folders on my computer (my computer, any desktop folders, control panel, search computer, etc). i will double click the icon and the folder will come up for a second, the desktop will go blank and then the folder will disappear. i tried to search google for a solution, but just found links to download antispyware and i downloaded the microsoft antispyware beta 1. i ran that and it found like 26 different things on my computer (including shop at home select which i've had for some time now) so i deleted all of those and my folders worked for a short time, but after restarted my computer my folders haven't worked since.

please help ):

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thedon57

thedon57

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 07 July 2005 - 04:05 PM

Hi as well as running antispy, you want to run an antivirus, not nortons, you can download some free ones from the web, two good ones are avast, and avg.
Now installed Microsoft Security Essencials on my Tower with Windows Home Premium 32bit and Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop with Windows Home Premium 64bit

#3 turnip

turnip

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 08 July 2005 - 06:33 AM

Besides doing the virus and spyware scans, also defragment your HD. With bigger drive sizes and huge files that we keep storin and deleting from the system, the drive tends to get fragmented sooner than we realise..and then blue screens, crashes, freezeups become frequent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users