Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hanging at startup

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lloks

lloks

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 06 July 2009 - 08:06 AM

Recently installed Opera 10 and for a while it worked fine but now windows(xp32) hangs at startup in the desktop.I run Opera and nothing happens for like a while so i close the process and retry several times.

Is this just a bugy program or is something more troubling happening in the background?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ELUDZ

ELUDZ

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 06 July 2009 - 10:34 AM

"Is this just a bugy program or is something more troubling happening in the background?"

i would start by asking you, is anything else running slow or suspiciously damaged other than opera?

uninstall opera and then install it again.. see if that works.. might be the easy fix..

or even better..

i would uninstall opera and install mozilla firefox 3.5 .. to me it is the most stable and secure browser i have used..

get antivir from http://www.avira.com and install the personal edition.. also maybe grab the rootkit remover tool that avira offers also for free..

then get something like malwarebytes from http://www.malwarebytes.com

install that do a scan, and scan with antivir also update both before you scan, and from there you might find something right away..

maybe do a defrag of your harddrive also if you haven't for a LONG time.. start with that.. then if you still feel you are possibly infected, then start another thread because as of right now, it just seems as though your opera installation is wacked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users