Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

slow, slow, slow

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 atloss

atloss

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 06 July 2009 - 07:00 AM

After adding a web cam and its programs to my computer Everything seems to be running slowly but especially IE. I click on a web site and it,s slow to load, I click on a email and it,s slow to open, Click on X to close the browser and , you guessed it, slow to close! In task manager I must have 15 programs running, justunder my name not including system etc. In the task bar at the bottom of the page there are 12 icons! What is the best program ( free ) to control these randomly running programs?? I am presently running anti malware, ad-adware and cc cleaner and defrag. my computer as I write this. Help Please/
Chuck :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,753 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 06 July 2009 - 10:16 AM

Try uninstalling/reinstalling said webcam and accompanying software.

Louis

#3 atloss

atloss
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 07 July 2009 - 06:15 AM

Did that- NO change. Sent e-mail toYahoo about problem and they suggested disabling (unchecking ) third party browser add-ons and so far that might have solved the problem. Will have to use it more today. I knew that programs tend to add things onto the browser and other areas but I did'nt think about the tools section of the browser and the disable check box. I really HATE it that programs install things that I do not want in addition to the one that I do Want!! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users