Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows failed to start

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ashes_Fox

Ashes_Fox

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 PM

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:26 PM

I recently restarted my computer and the following error message appeared.

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Instert your windows installation disk and resart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings and then click "Next."
3. Click "Repair your computer."

If you don not have this disk, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File: \Boot\Bcd

Info: An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data.

I have followed all the instructions to no avail. I also entered the command feature and attempted to rebulid the bcd but it gives the error message "the requested system device cannot be found." I have a lot information on the hard drive so i would really like to be able to fix it without loosing any of the information. Any help would be much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Ashes_Fox

Ashes_Fox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 PM

Posted 07 July 2009 - 01:15 AM

I have resolved this problem.

I downloaded windows 7 RC from the link below and put in on a disk. I booted it and used the repair my computer option and it worked.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win.....;/download.aspx

I hope this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users