Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please HELP! Never been infectedthis bad before!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Padrona

Padrona

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 05 July 2009 - 05:29 PM

I seem to be infected with multiple issues and need help please - I don't even know where to START!

1. Msconfig, Safe mode, regedit, task manager - disabled.
2. Desktop has been changed and Control Panel is disabled.
3. Fake anti-virus programs keep launching and scanning.
4. Search engine gets re-directed to fake sites (coupon mountain and others)
5. I cannot launch any anti-virus software
6. I've downloaded a 3rd party registry editor and taks manager, etc.but the files will not open - error ballons pop up saying the files are infected.
7. Computer keeps spontaneously crashing and rebooting multiple times.

I can't fix any of this if I can't use the 3rd part downloaded tools - can't get to registry - etc. HELP! Please!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Padrona

Padrona
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2009 - 05:37 PM

Wanted to also say:

Any of the "fixes" I read about on this site and try to download/run - they will download to the desktop but will not run. Error balloons pop up on the lower right saying the files are infected.

#3 Padrona

Padrona
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2009 - 06:21 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/91651/trojan-spmlx-windows-xp-pro-sp-2/

I think this is part of my problem. This Trojan SPM/LX ???? I get a error balloon that says the exact same thing that this person posted on that link.

But I canno run the anti-spyware suggested there. Can download but not run. Also cannot run Malaware. Or anything else. Is it he .exe files that won't run???

This is so frustrating!

And not to mention that but my FTP site has been hacked into - the Index pages on my websites have a script that runs on them and if I delete and re-upload, it just comes right back.

#4 Padrona

Padrona
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2009 - 08:45 PM

Can't anyone help? Please????????????????

#5 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 AM

Posted 09 July 2009 - 06:06 AM

Hi Padrona,

Sorry that your post slipped out of sight. It is a problem when you post more than once, because it gives the helpers the impression that someone is already working on your problem and they don't think to open it.

Do you still want help with this? There is a tool which can probably take that out, but I have to ask someone to run it for you. Also, you may have more than one infection.

While I'm working on this, please see if you can get MalwareBytes to run by changing the name. The file name is mbam.exe and you will need to change both the beginning and the end. Try giving it a name like MyMbam.com or MyMbam.scr

Then double-click on it and see if you can get it to run.

Thanks.
Zllio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users