Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do You Do A System Restore On Vista?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TheFinalSon

TheFinalSon

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 05 July 2009 - 02:30 PM

Hey. Many of you have read my other thread, thanks for that. I'm led to the conclusion that at this point, a System Restore might fix my problems. I don't mean completely reformatting my hard drive back to how it was when I bought it, I just mean a System Restore back to a Restore point before these problems started (at least I'm going to try that first and hope it does the trick). How do you go about accomplishing that in Vista? Thanks everyone.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 AM

Posted 05 July 2009 - 02:48 PM

LOl I just replied to your other thread. The link i gave you there for the malware includes a link to back up and restore. Truthfully, I don't think your system will let you do either, but just for grins......... Here is a good tutorial on how to do a system restore. It includes a video (click on the "click to play" button when you see it lol) that you may or may not want to watch. If you haven't ever created a restore point you may not have the option to do a system restore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users