Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with aspect ratio in Windows DVD Maker

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dcanaday

dcanaday

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 05 July 2009 - 12:38 PM

I am trying to take some videos off of my harddrive and burn them onto DVD. The problem is that whenever the video is originally in widescreen format, the resulting version when I play it on my DVD player and watch it on my widescreen TV is that the image is squeezed and I have black bars on the sides. This is when I have the TV set for full mode. When I set it for regular mode, the image is even more squeezed.

When I convert a video that is originally not widescreen, there is no issue. I put the TV in regular mode and there is no distortion.

It doesn't seem to matter if I set the aspect ratio to 16:9 or 4:3. The result is the same.

This problem doesn't come up when viewing the menu, or samples from the video in the menu. No black bars or distortion then. It only appears when I click on play and watch the video.

Pretty much all the video files I have been burning to DVD are avi files.

Strangely enough, one widescreen video turned out fine. It was also an avi file. I have no idea what I did right on that one.

I've checked out the help files that come with Vista but I see nothing addressing my problem.

My OS is Windows Vista Home Premium and I have an AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+ (2 CPUs), ~2.5GHz

Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users