Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello from Iran :D

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:46 AM

Hey everyone, I haven't been on for a while because I have been in Iran for the past 3 weeks =/ I leave today for Europe for 2 more weeks. I'm with my dad and brother, and so far it has been a very frustrating and boring experience. I do not speak Farsi, the language here, so I can't talk to anyone but my dad and brother, yay =/ I have also left a girlfriend back in America and 5 weeks is a long time to be away from her =/. Just wanted to let you guys know that I'm alive :D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 PM

Posted 05 July 2009 - 10:17 AM

Glad to know your OK, but what the heck are you doing in Iran? Isn't it kinda touchy over there right now? :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#3 woodyblade

woodyblade

• Members
  • 670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 06 July 2009 - 09:26 AM

Yeah I thought the same as well, been riots over the Elections there (And killings in those Riots) and other different things occurring, surprised you can even access anything here they (Iranian Government) blocked websites didn't they? Things like Western News Sites, Social Networking Sites etc
They even arrested 9 British Ambassadors, luckily 8 have been released without charge 1 is still being held in custody, and to make a change from American Flags being burnt in the region, British Flags were being burnt in protest outside the British Embassy in Iran.

Anyway enjoy it in Europe where ever you are going (Or are now).

#4 xblindx

xblindx
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:53 PM

Haha, my dads from iran so thats why we were there. The protests were far from where his family lives. Im in Berlin now :D Im an Iranian citizen as well so no issues there. Born and raised in America though, I only am a citizen because my dad is Iranian

#5 woodyblade

woodyblade

• Members
  • 670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 10 July 2009 - 08:27 AM

Ok that's good being far from the protests, enjoy Berlin anyway, never been myself, my Dad has been to Germany 3 times, once to Berlin, then to Hamburg and another city maybe Frankfurt? can't remember, was back in the 80's though so I wasn't even around or thought of then :thumbsup:.

#6 xblindx

xblindx
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2009 - 01:43 PM

Now Im in Aachen haha :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users