Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MS Windows updates

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 AM

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:31 AM

I have noticed that when going to MS Updates using I.E. it takes for ever to load the pages. I don't use automatic updates and never have so I don't think that is the problem. I looked in event viewer and found a lot of errors,(event ID 11 source crypt32).I'm on there update site now and there is a update KB 911895 High-priority. When I go to Details to see what the update is all about it won't open the page. jave cript:parent.fnDisplayDetails("5"); Could this be a java problem. In event viewer under properties I get,Failed extract of third-party root list from auto update cab at windows update.com. We're sorry there is no additional information about this issue is all I get from Help and Support Center. My I.P. is Windstream.net When I test and go to Windows Marketplace it loads normal,very fast.. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 D_N_M

D_N_M

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:42 AM

Hello Layback Bear

i found this it may shed some light http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid...t32&phase=1

#3 Layback Bear

Layback Bear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:05 PM

Thanks for getting back to me. I have been there and don't really understand most of it. Heard today on radio that M/S is having problems with I.E. and don't have a answer yet. Some sort of worm they don't have figured out yet. It's not often that we see M/S tell us there is a problem and they don't have a fix.

#4 Layback Bear

Layback Bear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2009 - 09:07 AM

I have cleared the logs. I'm having problems with my I.P. Windstream that might be causing this. I will see what comes back if any thing. Thanks for your help.

#5 Layback Bear

Layback Bear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2009 - 11:58 AM

Failed extract of third-party root list from auto update cab at: <http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/authrootstl.cab> with error: The data is invalid. This is what the description gives.
Details
ID: 11
Source: crypt32

We're sorry
There is no additional information about this issue in the Error and Event Log Messages or Knowledge Base databases at this time. You can use the links in the Support area to determine whether any additional information might be available elsewhere.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for searching on this message; your search helps us identify those areas for which we need to provide more information.

Could it be caused by my update being manual and windows is still trying to do it automatically :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users