Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Accessing a built in webcam from a pc

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jerms1

Jerms1

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 AM

Posted 05 July 2009 - 06:26 AM

Hey everyone, I have a Windows XP OS PC *(AMD 64 x2 5000+, 2gb RAM)* and I currently don't have a webcam for it, I also have a Asus Eee 900HA laptop *(Intel Atom 1.6 duel core, 1gb RAM)* with a built-in Webcam, I am wondering if I can access this built-in webcam on the Eee with my PC? I have both set-up over a fully working network and have even used Microsoft Groove to Syncronize files for both, so I was wondering, why not a webcam? I want to be able to install the laptop web-cam and use it for msn and photos for my pc.

Before you ask, "Just use the laptop"- I use the laptop for school purposes, and therefore have no MSN on it and don't plan on installing it
Laptop is conected via ethernet to a 8-port LAN hub.
Thinks that's all you would need....all comments and thoughts appreciated

-JamesR

Edited by Jerms1, 06 July 2009 - 04:02 AM.

If all else fails- Buy a pen and paper

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users