Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Frustrating Problem with booting!!Please help!!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Amitava83

Amitava83

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 05 July 2009 - 01:24 AM

Hello everyone,
I need your expert advice on a severely frustrating problem I'm facing with my new PC since the past one month.

A few weeks back,my machine started having booting problems.The power LED (blue )stayed on but the Hard Disk LED remained off.My monitor says that its turning to Power Save Mode everytime.A Hardware engineer said my SMPS had gone kaput and I had it replaced immediately.Even after that,machine sometimes booted fine,sometimes it just got stuck.
After that I did a fresh BIOS update,after which for several days I did not face any problems during booting or anywhere.

Now,since today,I am facing same booting problems as before.Nine times out of 10,machine hangs during boot.Power LED on.HDD LED off.Pressing and holding the Power Button for 5-6 seconds corrects it,till now.

What is the problem here???And what is the permanent solution??

I have Vista SP1 and XP SP2.

My config is a s follows:
C2D E7300 | ASUS P5Q-E | Palit Radeon HD4870 1GB DDR5 | Corsair 800Mhz 2X2GB 5-5-5-18 | Seagate 500GB 7200.11 |Corsair TX 650W| Corsair CM 690

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Amitava83

Amitava83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2009 - 10:39 PM

What sort of community is this??!!!!Nobody even bothers to reply!!!Shame!!

#3 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2009 - 01:28 AM

This is a volunteer "community".
People aren't always sitting at thier computers just waiting for somebody with a problem to post.

If you have a new computer that isn't working right it should be under waeeanty.
Return it to be fixed.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,562 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2009 - 10:35 AM

FWIW to the OP: If you waited approximately a month...to seek help...why would you expect instantaneous help...on a volunteer forum...over a holiday weekend when many persons are not even visiting this site because they are visiting friends, relatives, etc.?

<<A Hardware engineer said my SMPS had gone kaput and I had it replaced immediately.Even after that,machine sometimes booted fine,sometimes it just got stuck.>>

What hardware engineer? Whom did you seek support from...before you decided to post?

When new things don't perform...it's time for an RMA request. Warranties exist for a reason.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users