Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AHCI BOOT DISK FAILURE

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jas009

jas009

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 04 July 2009 - 11:46 PM

Hi

Have d/loaded pc tools antivirus and attempted to install when prompted to restart I did and got the following:

Booting from AHCI CD-ROM:

DISK BOOT FAILURE. INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

Well I have no system disk as the computer came pre installed with Windows Visa Premuim and has a partition drive. I have tried pressing ALT-F10 (ACER's eRecovery system) but no luck wont go into that, have tried pressing F8 to try Safe mode no luck either wont go into it, and have tried pressing F2 to get to the Advanced options to restore the computer to a previous point but it wont go into it either. I can however get into the bios by pressing DEL or the boot drives F12. The boot drives seem to me to be in the correct order.

Its very strange as the computer was ok until I did the restart and nothing...Arrh!

Hoping someone can help without the need to wipe my Hard Drive.

Its An ACER X1200 with 2GB DDR2 Memory
MeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMeMe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 05 July 2009 - 11:59 AM

Try this,
Go to the BIOS, go to exit, load the defaults, exit saving the change.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users