Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Comdo Firewall 3.10 New version

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 AM

Posted 04 July 2009 - 11:42 PM

Yes new version 3.10.102194.530 is out.

Version 3.10.101801.529 : 7th July, 2009
* NEW! COMODO Secure DNS is introduced as a new free service
* NEW! COMODO HopSurf Toolbar - COMODO SafeSurf Toolbar has been discontinued and superseded by COMODO HopSurf Toolbar
* NEW! CIS now allows the users to change the URL for the program and virus updates
* IMPROVED! CIS now has a better support for Windows Security Center integration in Windows Vista SP1 and later
* IMPROVED! AV engine now supports more archives and has better detection capabilities
* IMPROVED! Direct disk access false alerts have been reduced
* FIXED! Some applications do not run when CIS is installed in Vista 64 bit
* FIXED! Antivirus scans excluded folders
* FIXED! Firewall does not show some connections under high load
* FIXED! Firewall sometimes causes the PC to freeze in windows XP 32
* FIXED! cfp.exe crashes when HIPS alerts timeout

Basically, during installation, now they offer Hopsurf toolbar instead of Ask toolbar. They also offer to use their own DNS servers. I think, in general, an average user wont need any of those.

On the website the release date is given 7th July, 2009. Well today is 4th of July. I wonder why they put it to be 7th?
The version mentioned is also different from what I downloaded (3.10.102194.530 which is higher version) I dont understand why?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 05 July 2009 - 02:23 AM

The date thing came up as it was in American English which gives month,day, year as opposed to day, month, year so somehow the translation started with the month. Comodo say it was a boob and to disregard.
The original update was 3.10.529 but when people updated from 3.9 as opposed tp a clean reinstall found that Comodo wasn't keeping their settings and the 3.10.530 update corrected this. I have it installed and it is working the best ever with next to no popups whatsoever.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

#3 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 05 July 2009 - 02:36 AM

Well now I am confused, the date of 7/7/2009 would be the same date whether month or day was the first number, lol :thumbsup:

#4 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 05 July 2009 - 04:26 PM

In the download it is actually written as 7th of July 2009 the program seemingly got mixed up between US and UK methods.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

#5 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2009 - 06:11 PM

I still do not see how those two date methods would matter with that particular date, especially since it was available on the 4th, but that's ok, lol

#6 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 AM

Posted 05 July 2009 - 11:33 PM

I think Comodo people are working more on advertising and earning money that way.
They have added Hopsurf toolbar and DNS servers for advertising mainly more than for security as they claim.
They were so busy doing it that they forgot to put correct date/version on the website. :thumbsup:

Edited by Romeo29, 05 July 2009 - 11:34 PM.

#7 Galadriel

Galadriel

Bleepin Elf

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,753 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:25 PM

Yep, Comodo was asked to remove the ASK Toolbar, and they did, in its place they've added the HOPsurf toolbar and more... they now require in the EULA that users be 18 or older.

More about this here and here.

That was a very very bad move on Comodo's part and they likely will be losing the support of the majority of the security community.
I cemna prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ne chae. A han noston ne 'wilith. - Galadriel
'The avatar is changed; I can feel it in the water, I can feel it in the earth, I can smell it in the air.'

Phear teh ceiling cat, for he is roofkittehd! - Basement Cat

I'm a Bleeping Folder, are you? - Join BC in the fight against diseases - Click here
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users