Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to make the audio better?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Richard ken

Richard ken

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 04 July 2009 - 11:35 PM

Does anyone know how to increase a video volume while, the hissing sound doesn't. Example of what I am saying is on this link: The problem. I been using VirtualDub to increase the volume but I always hear the hissing sound after it is done, so please if anyone know how to fix this problem, please tell me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 05 July 2009 - 12:00 AM

Well, I don't think you're ever going to get crystal clear audio out of that, but there are some tools that can help.

Audacity -- http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ -- is free, and has some editing filters and features, like "denoise," that could help.

Personally, I use a commercial product to clean up audio -- DC7 from Diamond Cut Productions. It's pretty expensive -- it would do a better job than Audacity, but probably not that much better.

I'd start with Audacity and see how it works.

Try denoising it first, then increase the gain.

EDIT: I should point out that both Audacity and DC7 are audio programs. You can't clean up the audio track of a video with them unless you can separate it out from the video, clean it up, then combine it again. So, on second thought, these might not help you after all. Sorry.

Edited by Capn Easy, 05 July 2009 - 01:17 AM.

#3 Richard ken

Richard ken
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:02 AM

This may work but do you know a way to split the audio file from the video so I can try increase the audio?

Edited by Richard ken, 07 July 2009 - 08:10 AM.

#4 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:40 PM

Nope, sorry. I only work with audio files. I don't know how to separate the audio from the video or (more importantly) how to put it back.

#5 Richard ken

Richard ken
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2009 - 02:39 PM

Ok thanks but do you know how to denoise the audio like do you know a web page to show you how to denoise it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users