Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ubcd4win

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 polarpimp

polarpimp

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 04 July 2009 - 07:30 PM

does anybody knw if ultimate boot cd for windoes will work on a 64bit and 32 bit vista?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 04 July 2009 - 07:39 PM

Can I build UBCD4Win with Windows® Vista?

There are dramatic changes when you compare XP to Vista. Several new capabilities have been added but too many things have changed. Currently you can not use your Vista DVD as a "source" to build UBCD4Win. We are working on either creating a separate Vista version of the project or making a version that can be build with either XP or Vista source files.
However, you can build your UBCD4Win disc on a Vista system. A few members of the development team and myself have been testing UBCD4Win on Vista computers since version 3.04. I am personally building and updating all builds of UBCD4Win only on my Vista computer. I want to ensure that users can at least still build UBCD4Win on Vista systems as long as they have an XP source. Currently the only issue with running UBCD4WinBuilder on a Vista system is UAC. Our builder must be "run as Administrator" even if you are currently signed in as an Administrator. None of our current postprocessing scripts are effected by UAC so the build should run smoothly.
You can boot your Vista system with UBCD4Win but use caution. First, if you used 2k3 as your "source" to build UBCD4Win do NOT use that CD on a Vista system it will damage the Vista restore points. There have been a few bad reports with other Bart PE based boot CD's, but the cause of the problem has been a few incompatible tools (mostly registry restore software). By default there are no programs know to cause damage to a Vista system when UBCD4Win is booted on it. Still please use caution with Vista systems.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users