Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with Eblocs/Spyblocs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 qball

qball

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 07 July 2005 - 01:35 AM

I was just curious... I know I'm not the only one out there, but a year ago I took some bad adive and purchased spyblocs online. I have recently had my checking account drained of $39.99 for some "renewal" fee that I never authorized. I have read many anti spyware forums that complain about how dirty this company really is, however most of them are just curious as how to remove the program. I have it removed as of now with advanced uninstaller pro 2004, After many emails and phone calls, I have not reached a veridct on how to cancel. Has anyone had this problem and know how to get refunded and/or at least cancel for good?

thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 geosphere

geosphere

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 25 July 2005 - 09:47 PM

Actually Eblocs, the makers of SpyBlocs offer a very good support system. If you visit the site at www.eblocs.com - all you have to do is click on the support button and follow instructions. They have staff available 24 hrs and 7 days a week.
Hope this helps.

#3 Calum

Calum

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 02 August 2005 - 03:26 PM

I have also had $39.99 charged to my credit card by Spyblocs for a renewal. I also didn't ask for this to be renewed - in fact, I stopped using Spyblocs a long time ago.

On my credit card statement, their phone number is beside the transaction details -800 850 4021. On the line, it says option 1 for refunds, and option 2 for everything else. The woman on option 2 took my email address and cancelled my subscription with them. She said I would be given a 50% refund, so I hope this is the end of the matter.

Qball, please let us know how you got on. Did you ask for a refund?

Calum.

#4 rebrenrand

rebrenrand

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 30 August 2005 - 03:26 PM

I've used Spyblocs 6.0 for a few months and it seems to catch everything without slowing down my computer. :thumbsup: I think having it on my system has saved me from reformatting my hard drive.
Beckie-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users