Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VB6

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 heltune

heltune

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 07 July 2005 - 01:01 AM

hi ples help me...
i have read one book on beginners for Vb6 dummies then i want to know mnore on it.
i have 4 qwestions... hre i lay them.
1. i want to know on database... im making this database on Music and i want to know how can you use the "find" function to search let us say a title of the song or an artist. beginners book taught me a little and i want to stretch it... how do you code let us say find or search any text or string on the "fieldname title' how do you do that. im not referring to the findfirst or etc like the "microsoft word thing' you have to contrl f to find that word you want. and it will get you to any string that you have put on the find box...pleas teach me and another i know this is long ples beare with me...
2. in connection to my music database.. how do you code the looping thing. i mean to say let us say that i have a password text and i limit it to 3 tries only and after the 3 tries it will close or otherwise. i was able to code (and use horribly the next, loop, unitl anf for etc) but it just does not do what i want... you know say "You only have 3 tries..." then "You only have n tries..." such Msgs, please how do you control it... i hope you all get it pls. i code and experimented but yes it loops but it end on the n tries that i want... continuously... getch? but if these statements are blur then skip thenk you.
3 my last qwery is that does VB6 can simulate a store calculator? you know the machine used in supermarkets? where you type the price and the monitors monitors the transaction... can it be possible?

for my last well nota qwestion on Vb6 but wer can i get a tutorials on VB6 for free, may it be beginners or intermediate maybe expert...

thats so long sorry for inconvenience ples help me
thenak you...
god bless.
:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KermitD

KermitD

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 04 August 2005 - 10:32 PM

I don't know where you could get any books at no cost, but Amazon.com has used copies of "Visual Basic 6 How to Program" by Deitel & Deitel, for $6.50 + freight. This is pretty close to free, and, since it teaches the way I learn best, I think it's it's a good value. It tells you what it's going to teach you then shows you the code to make it work. It comes with a CD, and references you to a couple of web sites.

Good luck,
vbKermitD
KermitD
Choices have consequences.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users