Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

need some suggestions

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 07 July 2005 - 12:48 AM

I was wondering if a dell dimension 4600 motherboard will work with this case? Ive done research.......and no one seems to have tried this before.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16811144042

For all the custom stuff ive done to my computer i cant seem to figure this out and we might buy it soon.

Ive heard dell uses their own motherboards that arent compatible with atx cases.......

Edited by Techsomething, 07 July 2005 - 12:53 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 07 July 2005 - 08:06 AM

somebody had posted a link to a site that converted ATX to whatever Dells got. lemme check if i can find that link

EDIT: i did find it... that was easy Dell Converter

as for physically getting it in the case... i dont know about that

Edited by legoman786, 07 July 2005 - 08:07 AM.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#3 gilmour

gilmour

• Banned
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2005 - 08:17 AM

Correct, Dell uses its own mobo's (thats why you need to build a pc :thumbsup:

The ATX board will not fit inside a Dell Box. All you need to do is but another case. Many cheap ones out there, lpus you will get better cooling from buying a couple extra fans to go on the case..
Here is a descent Case.

http://www.newegg.com/OldVersion/app/viewp...-156-140&DEPA=0

#4 TEB

TEB
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2005 - 12:32 PM

Thanks for the link but the point of this thread is im buying a case and wanted to see if my dell mobo will work with it.

#5 gilmour

gilmour

• Banned
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2005 - 12:33 PM

OHH lol should have really read it.. Yes it will work with it. As long as you get a Atx case

So yes it will work with that case!

Edited by gilmour, 07 July 2005 - 12:34 PM.

#6 efizzer

efizzer

• Members
  • 360 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 07 July 2005 - 12:48 PM

Just curious, why are you moving a dell mobo to another case? Are you slowly rebuilding?
Posted Image

We're going to make the merry-go-round go faster, so everyone needs to hang on tighter-just to keep from being thrown to the wolves.

#7 Rubbergovernment

Rubbergovernment

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 07 July 2005 - 02:08 PM

I was wondering if a dell dimension 4600 motherboard will work with this case? Ive done research.......and no one seems to have tried this before.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16811144042

For all the custom stuff ive done to my computer i cant seem to figure this out and we might buy it soon.

Ive heard dell uses their own motherboards that arent compatible with atx cases.......

Umm, just to let you know most Dells use Micro-ATX, so if the 4600 isn't an ATX that case you choose won't work. You would need one that is either cross-compatible or specifically made for an ATX. But if the 4600 is an ATX, no worries.

#8 gilmour

gilmour

• Banned
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2005 - 02:15 PM

Helps to do your homework first

#9 TEB

TEB
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2005 - 04:12 PM

i did...............................................................

#10 TEB

TEB
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2005 - 11:32 PM

To answers everyones questions, My dad wouldnt let me build a computer. So he he bought me a dell, So im pimping it up with an atx/microatx compatible case and a 430 watt power supply. Extra ram, slaved hdd....things like that.

I dont want to be disgraced at lan parties.

#11 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2005 - 11:01 AM

To answers everyones questions, My dad wouldnt let me build a computer. So he he bought me a dell, So im pimping it up with an atx/microatx compatible case and a 430 watt power supply. Extra ram, slaved hdd....things like that.

I dont want to be disgraced at lan parties.

:thumbsup:

sadly thats true for me too.... :flowers:

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#12 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2005 - 10:09 PM

i just found out that my dell mobo is an ATX w/the extra 12vdc connector... so ANY power supply will work!!! whoo hoo!!!

P.S.: post 100

- Rick Cook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users