Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

limited user

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 polarpimp

polarpimp

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 04 July 2009 - 11:37 AM

i heard that if i make a limited user account only that account will get contaminated if sumthing happens to it. Is this true?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 MilesAhead

MilesAhead

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 04 July 2009 - 05:31 PM

i heard that if i make a limited user account only that account will get contaminated if sumthing happens to it. Is this true?

You can gain some security by using a limited account, but many of the nasites on the web get around permissions by sneaky ways. If you are running Vista 32 bit a better solution for safe surfing may be to try Sandboxie. The free version actually does what you need. The paid version has a few more features that make it easier to use(esp. with downloading files.)

Basically Sandboxie keeps the program that is running sandboxed from directly accessing the hard drive. When it thinks it's writing to your registry it's really writing to a reg settings file inside the sandbox folder.

www.Sandboxie.com

"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
- Groucho Marx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users