Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

STOP: Error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 D_N_M

D_N_M

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 04 July 2009 - 09:38 AM

Hello

i was on this site the other night reading through some posts and got sleepy so i closed the lid on "My" Eee PC Netbook and went to sleep. got up the next morning grabbed some coffee opened the lid only to find my destop blank? No icons so i gave it a few minutes and tried CTRL-ALT-DEL and still no response? so i rebooted only to go into a loop and restarting. i disabled the automatic restart and got the Error Stop c000021a {Fatal System Error} The windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000135 {0x00000000 0x00000000}. i have tried all other option safe mode,with networking,command prompt NOTHING works? i just get the same loop. it has a DVD that came with it but of course there is no drive for a cd/dvd. funny thing is i was just working on the same exact make and model of the PC a few days ago for a friend "go figure" :thumbsup: i can boot into eeebuntu as i have a copy on an SD card with it on it and it works fine. I just can't figure out what happend and why? i have tried to transfer the dvd to My USB stick but it will not boot it. so i'm at a loss here as to what to do i have searched many forums through google to no avail :flowers:

any help is always appreciated Thank you

D_N_M

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 04 July 2009 - 12:44 PM

The STOP 0xC000021A error occurs when either Winlogon.exe or Csrss.exe fails. When the Windows NT kernel detects that either of these processes has stopped, it stops the system and raises the STOP 0xC000021A error. This error may have several causes. Among them are the following:

Mismatched system files have been installed.
A Service Pack installation has failed.
A backup program that is used to restore a hard disk did not correctly restore files that may have been in use.
An incompatible third-party program has been installed.

From: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;156669

not too helpful, I'll grant.

The article says to try using the "Last Known Good Configuration" option from the boot menu. You said you tried all the Safe Mode options, but you didn't mention trying this... give it a whirl.

#3 D_N_M

D_N_M
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2009 - 07:41 AM

Hello Andrew

I did try Last Known Good Configuration, sorry that I didn't mention that before. I tried everything in the boot menu. I'm trying to not have to spend the money for an external dvd drive, but it looks like I might have to. i think my problem is linked to the either the Winlogon.exe or Csrss.exe files? just dunno how to do that from Linux? any other idea's?

Thanks again

D_N_M

#4 D_N_M

D_N_M
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2009 - 06:19 AM

Hello

i have located the Winlogon.exe,Csrss.exe and userinit files using eeebuntu and they are there in the correct location C:\WINDOWS\system32\ and shaped like a diamond as are most of the other folders in there. but i can't right click on them as it does nothing. double left click only will result in an error opening.

D_N_M

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users