Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows tempatures

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 msnznicks1

msnznicks1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 04 July 2009 - 01:30 AM

Well recently ive been getting an instant shutdown without warning
when playing games i have 2gb ram windows xp professional sp3.
AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual core proccesor 5000+ 2.61Ghz
well my tempatures from speedfan are as follow

GPU:40C
Temp1:62C
Temp2:40c
Temp3:25C
HD0:39C
Temp1:64C
Core:53C
Core:40C
Ambient 0C

voltages are as follow
Vcore1:1.36v
Vcore2:2.48v
+3.3v 1.78v
+5v 5.51v
+12v 11.78v
-12 -10.88v
-5v 0.17v
+5v 5.11v
vbat 3.04v

why would my computer do a shutdown within a game and also
i would like to know are these tempatures and voltages safe?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 04 July 2009 - 08:52 AM

One reason why a computer spontaniously shuts off is because of overheating, but that is only one reason. Clean out the interior of your computer with a can of compressed air. A clue that it is an overheating issue is if immediately after shutting down you can't restart it. This is because it has not had a chance to cool down yet. If you are able to immediately restart and use the computer, then it is possible that it is not heat related.

If I had to guess based on the little info of your computer I have, I am guessing it is related to the video card. Or video driver.

However I think more info is needed:

Usually when XP automatically reboots it is because Windows recieved an error. We need to make a change to a setting on your computer so we can find out exactly what the error is.

Go to:
Start > right click My Computer > Properties > Advanced > Startup and Recovery Settings
and uncheck Automatically Restart. Now when Windows receives an error it will show you a blue screen.

Blue screens are often called 'Blue Screens of Death' (or BSOD) by users, and 'Stop Messages' by Microsoft. We need to know the exact message you see when you get the blue screen. We especially are looking for a set of letters and numbers about half way down the page that take this format:

0x0000008e

This is usually followed by a set of 4 simliar numbers in parenthasis. For now we just need the first set of letter and numbers (before the numbers in the parenthasis).

This will help you diagnose why you are getting the stop messages.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 msnznicks1

msnznicks1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 04 July 2009 - 12:53 PM

Oh ok well 1 thing is ive managed to get a lot of dust out of the fans and around them using a cleanex because i cant get to the store cars in the shop for repair but it has seemed to bring my tempatures in speedfan way down and i did turn that automaticaly restart off also i havent received a bsod yet. when i play left 4 dead i do bsod and it tells me about my graphics card thank you for your reply and if i do get a bsod ill give you the error codes see you soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users