Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error message on Yahoo Messenger

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Toneh

Toneh

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 06 July 2005 - 10:30 PM

Hello,
I need help with getting my yahoo messenger to work. I keep getting this error message when I try to IM someone. The error message states, "Ypager.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log has been created."

I have checked my settings and I have McAfee on my computer. I had a Trojan on my comp and that is now off.

Can someone please help me.

Tone

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2005 - 10:49 PM

If it is Ypager and not ypager, then according to the BC startup data base, it is malware. If it is ypager, then it is a legitimate process:

http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/ypager/

You may need to uninstall and then reinstall another download of YahooMessenger to correct the problem with the legitimate process.
Hope this helps,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 hmurph

hmurph

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2005 - 04:17 AM

See my other post for info http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/fin...894-137392.html
MurphPosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users