Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ahoy!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kodiak_Kid

Kodiak_Kid

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 03 July 2009 - 10:43 PM

Hello All-

My name is Dusty, I'm a Sagittarius, I like cuddling and long walks on the beach....oh wait, this is the wrong website for that...

But really, I should have brought greetings and salutations earlier but I was running around like a chicken with it's head cut off (or is it a popcorn fart in a frying pan?). It's so nice that a place like this exists. How refreshing to know that there are people out there willing to help. The media brings so much hype, hysteria, and hoopla about these topics that you never hear about the good guys. To be honest, I was somewhat worried that this was some rogue website fronting itself as safe to lure rubes like myself in. But I figure you have to trust people at some point.

It's actually somewhat ironic that I know so little about computing and networking b/c my father used to write accounting software back in the 70-80s (punch card stuff), and also sold/setup larger networks for schools, municipalities, mills, etc. I think at age 13 or so I decided to run away from anything associated with my pops (what a rebel) which has now left me ignorant on the subject. The only thing computer/network related I got into into was a summer job in HS running network cables and cleaning computers. I bet I've ran over 10,000 miles of twisted pair/cat5/etc. And I was always the gopher, going under buildings and up in attics (which is probably another reason why I shied away from the craft). So if you all ever have question about running wire, even though wireless makes it kinda obsolete, I can help.

And, I must confess, I do find the whole black-hat/white-hat thing very intriguing. It's like the cold war or something. Very cool. So...Thanks to all the white hats for keeping us safe!

Bye

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 04 July 2009 - 09:20 AM

Hello and welcome to BC
Nice to have you here
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users