Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

speeding up a vista

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 polarpimp

polarpimp

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 03 July 2009 - 08:38 PM

This sunday im going to spped up my uncles pc and it is really slow even 4 a vista. Is ther any tips to speed up a pc. I already knw defrag, disk cleanup, and unistalling unwanted software

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 KurtS92

KurtS92

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 AM

Posted 03 July 2009 - 08:51 PM

Well i have a tip. - Go to the start menu > right click computer and click on properties. when this comes up click on advanced system settings. system properties will pop up
go to the advanced tab. then in that tab click on performance settings. then the performance options will come up check adjust for best performance then click apply.

now your pc should be a lot faster

#3 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2009 - 09:12 PM

Try running this diagnostic fixit from Microsoft. I'm about to try it, but to be honest, I way exceed the minimums for Vista and doubt I'll be able to notice any difference.

EDIT: You have to use IE 7 or 8 to run the fixit.

Edited by DeathStalker, 03 July 2009 - 09:15 PM.

#4 keny111111

keny111111

• Members
  • 406 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2009 - 09:41 PM

hello

a couple good tweaks here. http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=166532

then theres always black viper. http://www.blackviper.com/WinVista/servicecfg.htm

good luck. :huh:
Have A Great Day

...........Kenny.............

#5 polarpimp

polarpimp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2009 - 08:40 AM

thanks i will try those tips