Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP! after activating wifi, blue screen appear, then laptop restarts

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 brylle

brylle

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 PM

Posted 03 July 2009 - 08:09 PM

Hi.

I have this problem with my Siemens Amilo Pro 2000 FB21.

Everytime I activate my wifi, a blue screen appears, then it restarts.. Even when using LAN or other external connecting/networking devices, this blue stuff appears and it restarts..

Here's the error message in the attached file..

I have not added/removed any program.

In safe mode, I am able to use the wifi/lan connections.

Can someone help please? Any ideas?

Much appreciated :thumbsup:

Attached Files

Edited by brylle, 03 July 2009 - 08:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 PM

Posted 04 July 2009 - 08:59 AM

It is probably related to a driver issue, or your computer could be infected. Perhaps you should start with the infection theory as it is the most common.

There are usually, but not always, 4 stages to being infected.
  • The computer exibits buggy behavior, such as warnings appear, or some program doesn't always work right, etc.
  • The computer starts to run slow: takes longer to start, takes longer to shutdown, when you click on something it might delay a second or two before responding.
  • You start to have connectivity problems. You can't get on the internet, or you keep getting bumped off the internet. The internet connection works real slow, etc.
  • The computer won't boot.
It seems you may be at stage 3, connectivity issues.

However, here if you want to read info strictly about the particular blue screen you are receiving, here are two articles to get you started:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314063
http://www.osronline.com/DDKx/ddtools/bccodes_6vxj.htm
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 PM

Posted 04 July 2009 - 12:48 PM

I've had numerous encounters with BSoD's being caused by faulty WiFi drivers (Netgear in particular has caused me much grief in this area.) What is the make/model of your WiFi card?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users