Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

User Accounts

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Laurie-1

Laurie-1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 AM

Posted 03 July 2009 - 04:47 PM

Hi
I have for the first time decided to create and use different user accounts on my XP, and now find that i can't copy and paste between the separate accounts that i have set up, i am using, or i want to use the different accounts for different aspect of a interest that i have, and will need to transfer certain files to other User Accounts, ( i am the User of each account) i thought this would be as simple as Copy and Paste, but it seems not.

so the question is How. !!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 PM

Posted 03 July 2009 - 05:17 PM

It sounds like the information held in memory is cleared out when one user is logged out. If that is in fact the case, copying and pasting between accounts would be impossible

#3 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 03 July 2009 - 05:29 PM

Your post isn't too specific, so I am not sure exactly what you are trying to accomplish, but you can indeed copy and paste favorites and other data between user accounts.

After creating and opening each user account at least once:

You can access the files in each by going to: Start > My Computer > C: > Documents and Settings

Here you will find all of the user accounts listed. Open one up and you will find My Documents, Favorites, Desktop etc. Copy what you want, navigate to the other user account and folder that you want to transfer the data to, and then paste.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#4 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 PM

Posted 04 July 2009 - 02:27 AM

After reading your post Albert, and rereading the original, I think that the answer you gave is exactly what was being asked for.

I guess I wasn't with it enough yet when I read it as I can clearly see now that what I was thinking isn't the case. I was thinking text, not files, were needing to be copied. Why I was thinking that, I don't know, lol

Edited by Stang777, 04 July 2009 - 02:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users