Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Media Center/Notebook

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dennis the Menace

Dennis the Menace

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 AM

Posted 03 July 2009 - 11:14 AM

Yesterday, I had occasion to bring up my Dell Inspirion notebook and check out the Windows Media Center. There are things listed which I don't think possible with this system (1501). Screen says: With Media Center you can watch, pause aand record TV; Explore and listen to music; View, edit and share your photos; Play DVDs and digital videos. Well WHOOPDI DOOO!!!!
This is a 45GB drive of which Dell has filled with over 17GB (of course Microsoft helped). What amazed me was that there is a little round Icon, green in color which has the Microsoft (red,green,blue,yellow) flag and is labeled Windows Media Center. When clicked it brings up a text box which says "set up windows media center".

Now comes the fun ... there is an initial option to play demonstrations of the capabilities --- WOW!!!!!!!!!

Four, yes count them FOUR hours of quality video and sound demonstrations there is an option to just listen to narrative about further capabilities, currend enhancements and things to come ... I TURNED IT OFF AFTER JUST OVER AN HOUR.

A. HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THAT DELL AND MICROSOFT MANAGES TO PUT THE WHOLE 10 POUNDS OF *%&^ IN THE PROVERBIAL 5 POUND BAG?

B. HOW DO I GET RID OF ALL OF THIS VIDEO AND STEREO NARRATIVE SO I CAN MAKE BETTER USE OF THIS DISK SPACE?

Thanks for any assistance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 AM

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:22 PM

PC Decrapifier will get you started
http://pcdecrapifier.com/
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users