Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Favorites on IE7 keep getting "Compressed"

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zziggy

zziggy

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 PM

Posted 03 July 2009 - 09:36 AM

Ever since I've been surfing from Win 95 till now, My FAVORITES have never been "Condensed" as it is now on XP.
I've had this Computer for over Two Years and it has never condensed my Favorites on IE7
It does now though. If I don't use some of the favorites at least every 7-10 days or so, they get condensed and I have to click a double down-arrow to get them to show up and they are all shaded that are "Hidden" or Condensed.

HOW can I turn OFF this ANNOYANCE!

I also have a very very slow boot up.
Here is what it is doing now and has been the past couple of weeks, about the same time the Favorites started "Condensing"

Cold start with the computer off.
Press on button at 0:00 seconds
DELL is displayed at 0:05 seconds
XP is displayed at 0:12 seconds
Welcome is displayed at 0:40 seconds
Wormhole Screen (on XP) is displayed at 1:10 (1 minute 10 seconds)
The desktop Icons appear at 2:30 (2 minutes 30 seconds)
The Hourglass (that is with the Mouse pointer) disappears at 2:50
Its the time between Wormhole display and the Icons appearing that used to take seconds now is over a minute.
That's were the problem is.
How can this be fixed too?
I have gone through a BUNCH of tests with Syler (thanks!)
There wasn't any malware/virus etc found.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/235845/extremely-slow-turn-on-process/

Thanks Tom

Edited by zziggy, 03 July 2009 - 09:38 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 PM

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:25 AM

If I don't use some of the favorites at least every 7-10 days or so, they get condensed and I have to click a double down-arrow to get them to show up and they are all shaded that are "Hidden" or Condensed.

It could be that somehow the box in Internet Properties to "Enable Personalized Favorites Menu" got checked. The setting for that is on the advanced tab of Internet Properties under Browsing

Edited by Stang777, 16 July 2009 - 10:26 AM.

#3 zziggy

zziggy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 PM

Posted 16 July 2009 - 12:00 PM

If I don't use some of the favorites at least every 7-10 days or so, they get condensed and I have to click a double down-arrow to get them to show up and they are all shaded that are "Hidden" or Condensed.

It could be that somehow the box in Internet Properties to "Enable Personalized Favorites Menu" got checked. The setting for that is on the advanced tab of Internet Properties under Browsing

Thanks for the response, but that box is unchecked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users