Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

system password --(i have windows ME)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ihateadware52792

ihateadware52792

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 06 July 2005 - 06:46 PM

the computer im using has windows ME just so you know. anyway i put on a "system password" on this computer a long while ago so my son couldnt get on it and do stupid things to it. but now i forget how to get rid of it...what happens is when you start the computer up the first thing u see is a black screen saying "enter system password"...then you see all the other things you would normally see when u boot up so this password is the first thing that comes up. Obviosly i know the password but i want to get rid of it so i dont have to type it everytime. and ah well thats it for now i cant explain it anymore so anyhelp on disabling this would be very apprciated. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2005 - 06:57 PM

I believe the following support link covers this issue:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q152104/

Let us know if it works.
JC

#3 ihateadware52792

ihateadware52792
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2005 - 02:42 PM

nope didnt work ...that was for something else ...that was talking about when windows starts.....im talking about when i turn on the power. its the first thing you see. but thankx for tryin the first time hope the 2nd time well get this fixed....well to be more exact (sorry i forgot to put this in my first post ) it asks me for a password right after that black screen with the blue dell picture so its the after that.....1. i hit the power button 2. i see a screen that says DELL then its about to go into the stuff u normally see but instead it asks for a password first. :thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet:

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 AM

Posted 07 July 2005 - 02:56 PM

I'm asuming that you are talking about a bios password.... You will need to boot into your bios to disable it. Depending on your system, it is usually accessed by tapping the delete key during boot up.

#5 ihateadware52792

ihateadware52792
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2005 - 12:26 PM

I'm asuming that you are talking about a bios password....

i have no clue wat bios is but ill do wat u said ..il post again to see if it works
:thumbsup:

#6 ihateadware52792

ihateadware52792
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2005 - 12:39 PM

yeeeeeeeeeeessssss its over with ...thank you groovicus you wer a great help :thumbsup:

#7 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2005 - 12:47 PM

Whoohoo..I got one thing right today. I had better quit while I am ahead. :thumbsup:

#8 ihateadware52792

ihateadware52792
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2005 - 02:47 PM

hi again....i figured u got one of my problems fixed quickly , why not another? anyway i
thought maybe u groovicus could help me out again ...i have windows media player 9 on my windows ME.....windows media player has musicmatch along with it..i used to have it...but then it was gone....then i got it again but it doesnt work! ill show u the message i get .....(this comes up rite when i click on the musicmatch tab in media player) heres the message .......

Musicmatch is unable to display this page. Please try one of the following solutions:
Configure any pop-up/ad blocking software as well as software firewalls to permit Musicmatch® Jukebox, and the domain musicmatch.com. Also, be sure that JavaScript and cookies are enabled.
Your Microsoft XML Parser may be damaged. Click here to update Microsoft XML parser.
Open Internet Explorer and go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced and Uncheck the boxes in the HTTP 1.1 Settings section. Clear the Internet Explorer cache by going to Tools > Internet Options > General and click the Delete Files button in the Temporary Internet Files section (be sure to check the box for "Delete all offline content" in the resulting prompt. Close Musicmatch® Jukebox and all Internet Explorer windows and restart Musicmatch® Jukebox.
Update your computer to the latest service packs for your operating system and Internet Explorer.

ive tried all of this EXCEPT for updating to all the service packs or watever they are....so anyhelp apreciated

#9 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2005 - 06:53 PM

Split this one off and start your own topic. I am out of town for conferences the next few days, so my time is really limited for awhile :thumbsup:

#10 ihateadware52792

ihateadware52792
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2005 - 06:35 AM

ok thanks anyway tho great job on my last problem :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users