Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installing Software, etc for Mac

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nitty

nitty

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 03 July 2009 - 08:31 AM

Hi mate,

I never use Mac so I don't know about it at all. One of my friends informed me his problem but I couldn't help him:

"He want to install Anti-virus on his computer (Mac OS), but every time he click the set up, it goes to SWF player instead of begin the installation. The same happened when he want to install any software.

Also when he download any file from forum, etc; the file goes to SWF player when he opened it".

To Friends here who are familiar with Mac, may I ask for help how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 710 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 06 July 2009 - 04:45 PM

It's the Macs way of telling him it doesn't need an AV program. :flowers: :thumbsup:

Right click on the file > Get Info > Open with, change it to DiskImageMounter.app then click on the Change All button.
Window's programs won't open or install on Mac OS X.

His Mac has a better chance of having a hardware failure than getting infected with a virus, which btw there are none for Macs yet. A few malware, yes, virus, none.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users