Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows me

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lemic

lemic

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 AM

Posted 06 July 2005 - 06:31 PM

hello...i had a problem with my windows millenium when i push on button cannot cntinue the boot....and when i go to safemode computer ask for the windows loader cause the file was bypassing of windows me file corrupted C:\WINME\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 AM

Posted 06 July 2005 - 09:11 PM

:thumbsup: , lemic
Please see the following link.(for information)

http://www.easydesksoftware.com/news/news10.htm

You could reinstall ME over top of your current installation.
JC

#3 bluto

bluto

• Banned
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 AM

Posted 06 July 2005 - 09:38 PM

:thumbsup: , lemic
Please see the following link.(for information)

http://www.easydesksoftware.com/news/news10.htm

You could reinstall ME over top of your current installation.

Useing the cd you can just get the bad file replaced.I have done this.
With Add/Remove.

#4 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 AM

Posted 06 July 2005 - 09:45 PM

Hey, bluto:

Please read this...

You will need to know exactly what the Vmm32.vxd file is. The Vmm32.vxd file is used on the Windows 9x and ME platforms only. The Vmm32.vxd is a monolithic file that contains many different VXD files (Virtual Device Driver), much like a CAB or a ZIP file. The Vmm32.vxd file is created by the Windows Setup program, and it contains different drivers for each machine. In many cases it will contain different drivers on each installation of Windows to the same machine, so replacing this file cannot be done by getting it from another machine. There is a standard VMM32.vxd file in the Windows Cabinet files, but it is not usable as is. It only contains a few basic VXDs and Windows adds to it as it installs Windows using the Wininit.ini file.

Since this file contains many different VXD files, you cannot simply extract it, or replace it with a similiar file as you can do with other Windows files.

Unless I missed something...
JC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users