Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What...the...heck...

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 AM

Posted 03 July 2009 - 05:20 AM

Just a little rant....comment if you like.

I'm usually the type that likes to sleep when I can so long as nothing important is going on such as school or some important thing on TV (this is especially prevailent over weekends and breaks....like now how I'm on a 3 week break for the quarter). The sad part is....right now, it's 5:20 am and I couldn't sleep at all during the night last night.....I ended up watching anime last night, hoping that it could help me sleep, but it didn't help at all.....I couldn't fall asleep, and I wasn't feeling tired at all........

Then again, it doesn't help that I'm outside. I'm in a tent right now, outside our camper, and this is the first time that I've ever slept outside.....but I wouldn't have thought it'd be different from me having a window open all night.....so.....bleh, I'd better shut up and just figure out what to do for the next 2-3 hours before someone in my family wakes up......

Edited by scff249, 03 July 2009 - 05:22 AM.

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 AM

Posted 03 July 2009 - 05:37 AM

Do you manage to get any sleep? :thumbsup:
~ E-Mu ~

"Emu, You Moo, We All Moo for Emu!" <-- Thanks to Animal

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

#3 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2009 - 05:41 AM

No....the only thing I could do at somewhere around midnight was listen to my MP3 player. After that, not really.

......oh great....now I'm feeling tired........not that I'm going to sleep anytime soon....

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#4 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 AM

Posted 03 July 2009 - 05:51 AM

You'll end up a bit :thumbsup: before to long haha.
~ E-Mu ~

"Emu, You Moo, We All Moo for Emu!" <-- Thanks to Animal

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 AM

Posted 03 July 2009 - 10:34 AM

A bottle of wine works for me :thumbsup:
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#6 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2009 - 04:26 PM

Uh, what color is your eyes?

Have you ever wondered what makes some of us sleepier than others? Why do some people seem to be able to jump out of bed first thing in the morning, while others struggle to get going? Part of the answer may lie in our eyes, or rather the color of our eyes. It turns out that iris pigmentation may have a great deal to do with how much sleep we get.

:thumbsup:

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#7 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 AM

Posted 03 July 2009 - 05:37 PM

Hmmm, interesting article, not sure I really understood it correctly though as I only skimmed it since I have to get ready for work soon. I have brown eyes and am in no way a morning person. I don't really sleep at night, I would rather sleep during the day and be up at night. Next time someone asks my why I prefer to work the swing shift, maybe I will just say, because I have brown eyes, lol.

#8 apocalypticgirl

apocalypticgirl

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2009 - 01:46 PM

Try detailed relaxation. Literally think about starting at your toes and working toe by toe inch by inch up to your head relaxing - then you should be asleep before you hit your belly button.

#9 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:31 PM

My good friend Jack has a tendency to put me right to sleep after 3-7 shots, or talk to a woman for a few minutes (knocks me out cold). Outside of that there's nothing to put me to sleep when I can't sleep. (Yes I have called my mom and sister at 1 am trying to fall asleep):thumbsup:

Posted Image

#10 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:13 AM

JD Old #7 works well for me also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users