Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Where'd my GUAVA Network go??

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Randu

Randu

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 PM

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:18 PM

Hello
I had a network workgroup called "GUAVA"
It still shows GUAVA in System Properties/Computer Name tab in the Workgroup: slot on the desktop

But, GUAVA's not there in Network Connections, only one called:
"Local Area Connection 6" Connected, Firewalled Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC #2 System

Set-up:
1. TimeWarner cable -> RCA Modem->D-Link Wireless Router DIR-655
2. Desktop XP SP3 "RANDY" note: Desktop crashed a few weeks ago - New Motherboard/new brand (was SMC?, new is MSI)
3. HP 990 printer -> Desktop w/serial cable
4. Laptop XP -"Barbra" (Sony VAIO SZ series) Was in GUAVA - Still sees RANDY and printers.
5. New SimpleTech 1TB External Drive -> USB into Desktop
6. New HP 6500 Wireless printer
7. New Laptop Vista "RLM-VAIO" (Sony VAIO TT series)

New stuff is after Motherboard change

New laptop WAS in the GUAVA workgroup and could print to the 990 - Wouldn't print the other day, went to System Properties/Computer Name tab - Workgroup was "MSHOME" or something like that, changed it to GUAVA.
Saw, but would not connect to the HP 990 printer, then when I changed the Workgroup name to GUAVA, it sees it and is now connected.
Can't properly install the new 6500 printer on new laptop, it shouild recognize that its already installed on the Desktop, but it doesn't and wants to install as if it was the first one in a network (asks to connect with USB)

I tried to make a new network. I used to be able to save network setting on thumb drive and then go around and plug it into everything else and set it up that way, now it asks for a floppy in A drive... not able to tell it to go to thumb drive. Wouldn't work.

How can I get these things rounded up to talk to each other??

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users