Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected with Rootkit / Trojan

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 su34ir

su34ir

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 02 July 2009 - 08:24 PM

Hi,

I'm running Microsoft Windows XP Professional 2002 SP3. My system seems to be infected with a Trojan / Rootkit virus as its been running slow for the past two days. Symptoms are -

Hard Disk is being constantly accessed.
Task Manager is disabled
Regedit is disabled
Start > Run is disabled

I have Avira & Spybot S&D running, but apparently, they haven't succeeded in protecting my system. Since my notebook is a Lenovo Thinkpad, I've also tried restoring my system from the ThinkVantage Recovery panel, but even a full restore to an archive a couple of months old showed no signs of recovery from the virus. Please help!

Thanks
Sudhir

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 PM

Posted 02 July 2009 - 08:56 PM

Hello and welcome ..Please run ROOTREPEAL

Next Please install RootRepeal

Go HERE, and download RootRepeal.zip to your Desktop.
Tutorial with images ,if needed >> L@@K.
Unzip that,(7-zip tool if needed) and then click RootRepeal.exe to open the scanner.
Next click on the Report tab, now click on Scan. A Window will open asking what to include in the scan. Check all of the below and then click OK.

Drivers
Files
Processes
SSDT
Stealth Objects
Hidden Services

Now you'll be asked which drive to scan. Check C: and click OK again and the scan will start. Please be patient as the scan runs. When the scan has finished, click on Save Report.
Name the log RootRepeal.txt and save it to your Documents folder (it should automatically save it there).
Please copy and paste that into your next reply.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users