Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can someone help with this virus situation?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 elle_belle

elle_belle

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:01 PM

Hi everyone,

I would really appreciate some help! After just spending hundreds to reformat my computer and protect it with AVG I have now, only 2 weeks later, got a virus.

I believe it is called super security 2009?? ( though i deleted the icon right away and now can't remeber the name)

It has stopped me from being able to run AVG scans, or Malwarebytes anti-malware. It redirects my internet searches, but no longer causes pop-ups on my desktop. I have taken the following action:

Ran Ccleaner (now will not open)
Ran MBAM (now will not open)(will start scan in safe mode but exits after 2 min)

I have downloaded Combofix but didn't use it because I realized I shouldn't.
Is there anyway to get rid of this virus when I can't open any of my programs?

I would really appreciate any help, I can not afford to send it to be reformatted again and I am in desperate need of a computer. Thanks in advance!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,214 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:17 PM

Hello let's try to run DrWeb-CureIt and/or Rootrepeal..
Before we start fixing anything you should print out these instructions or copy them to a NotePad file so they will be accessible. Some steps will require you to disconnect from the Internet or use Safe Mode and you will not have access to this page.

Please download Dr.Web CureIt and save it to your desktop. DO NOT perform a scan yet.
alternate download link
Note: The file will be randomly named (i.e. 5mkuvc4z.exe).

Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".

Scan with Dr.Web CureIt as follows:
  • Double-click on the randomly named file to open the program and click Start. (There is no need to update if you just downloaded the most current version
  • Read the Virus check by DrWeb scanner prompt and click Ok where asked to Start scan now? Allow the setup.exe to load if asked by any of your security programs.
  • The Express scan will automatically begin.
    (This is a short scan of files currently running in memory, boot sectors, and targeted folders).
  • If prompted to dowload the Full version Free Trial, ignore and click the X to close the window.
  • If an infected object is found, you will be prompted to move anything that cannot be cured. Click Yes to All. (This will move any detected files to the C:\Documents and Settings\userprofile\DoctorWeb\Quarantine folder if they can't be cured)
  • After the Express Scan is finished, put a check next to Complete scan to scan all local disks and removable media.
  • In the top menu, click Settings > Change settings, and uncheck "Heuristic analysis" under the "Scanning" tab, then click Apply, Ok.
  • Back at the main window, click the green arrow "Start Scanning" button on the right under the Dr.Web logo.
  • Please be patient as this scan could take a long time to complete.
  • When the scan has finished, a message will be displayed at the bottom indicating if any viruses were found.
  • Click Select All, then choose Cure > Move incurable.
  • In the top menu, click file and choose save report list.
  • Save the DrWeb.csv report to your desktop.
  • Exit Dr.Web Cureit when done.
  • Important! Reboot your computer because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.
  • After reboot, post the contents of the log from Dr.Web in your next reply. (You can use Notepad to open the DrWeb.cvs report)

ROOTREPEAL

Next Please install RootRepeal

Go HERE, and download RootRepeal.zip to your Desktop.
Tutorial with images ,if needed >> L@@K.
Unzip that,(7-zip tool if needed) and then click RootRepeal.exe to open the scanner.
Next click on the Report tab, now click on Scan. A Window will open asking what to include in the scan. Check all of the below and then click OK.

Drivers
Files
Processes
SSDT
Stealth Objects
Hidden Services

Now you'll be asked which drive to scan. Check C: and click OK again and the scan will start. Please be patient as the scan runs. When the scan has finished, click on Save Report.
Name the log RootRepeal.txt and save it to your Documents folder (it should automatically save it there).
Please copy and paste that into your next reply.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 elle_belle

elle_belle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:30 PM

Thank you so much, I will start that process right now.
Also some extra information, my computer is an acer aspire 5630

and my last log from MBAM was the following, I will start with your instruction right away, thanks again!

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.38
Database version: 2343
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

6/27/2009 6:51:06 PM
mbam-log-2009-06-27 (18-51-06).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|)
Objects scanned: 125408
Time elapsed: 9 minute(s), 45 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 12
Registry Values Infected: 16
Registry Data Items Infected: 1
Folders Infected: 3
Files Infected: 23

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\jryjdrtjj6sjjyh4rthgdf80 (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\jryjdrtjj6sjjyh4rthgdf80 (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\jryjdrtjj6sjjyh4rthgdf80 (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\sopidkc (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\sopidkc (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sopidkc (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\msncache (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\msncache (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\msncache (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\xpreapp (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\UAC (Rootkit.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\net (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\14268434 (Rogue.Multiple.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\net (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\net (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\kell (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\kell (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WBEM\BuildW (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WBEM\FirstInstallFlag (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WBEM\guid (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WBEM\i (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WBEM\mms (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WBEM\mso (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WBEM\udso (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WBEM\uid (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WBEM\Ulrn (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WBEM\Update (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WBEM\UpdateNew (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\AppInit_DLLs (Adware.Agent) -> Data: c:\progra~1\manson\liser.dll -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\14268434 (Rogue.Multiple.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\documents and settings\Ellen\Start Menu\Programs\System Security (Rogue.SystemSecurity) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Manson (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\14268434\14268434.exe (Rogue.Multiple.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\14268434\14268434 (Rogue.Multiple.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\net.net (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\program Files\Manson\liser.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\WINDOWS\jryjdrtjj6sjjyh4rthgdf81.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\WINDOWS\system32\sopidkc.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\WINDOWS\system32\tpsaxyd.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\WINDOWS\system32\msncache.dll (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\WINDOWS\system32\tpszxyd.sys (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\WINDOWS\system32\wiwow64.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\WINDOWS\Temp\UAC1bd8.tmp (Trojan.TDSS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\documents and settings\localservice\local settings\temporary internet files\Content.IE5\MRYPIDON\w[1].bin (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\documents and settings\localservice\local settings\temporary internet files\Content.IE5\MRYPIDON\w[2].bin (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\documents and settings\localservice\local settings\temporary internet files\Content.IE5\MRYPIDON\w[3].bin (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\documents and settings\localservice\local settings\temporary internet files\Content.IE5\89AKC4EX\w[1].bin (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\documents and settings\localservice\local settings\temporary internet files\Content.IE5\89AKC4EX\w[2].bin (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\documents and settings\localservice\local settings\temporary internet files\Content.IE5\PQIS2U4E\w[1].bin (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\documents and settings\localservice\local settings\temporary internet files\Content.IE5\FGQI1KLV\w[1].bin (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\program files\Manson\liser.dll (Adware.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\documents and settings\Ellen\start menu\Programs\system security\System Security (Rogue.SystemSecurity) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\comsa32.sys (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\FInstall.sys (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wiawow32.sys (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,214 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:03 PM

Hi, during the interim here I want you know about the Backdoor Bots found.
A backdoor Trojan can allow an attacker to
gain control of the system, log keystrokes, steal passwords, access personal
data, send malevolent outgoing traffic, and close the security warning
messages displayed by some anti-virus and security programs.

I would advise you to disconnect this PC from the Internet, and then go to
a known clean computer and change any passwords or security information held
on the infected computer. In particular, check whatever relates to online
banking financial transactions, shopping, credit cards, or sensitive
personal information. It is also wise to contact your financial institutions
to apprise them of your situation.

We will do our best to clean the computer of any infections seen on the log.
However, because of the nature of this Trojan, I cannot offer a total
guarantee that there are no remnants left in the system, or that the
computer will be trustworthy.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 elle_belle

elle_belle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2009 - 11:25 AM

Thanks I will keep that in mind, though i just reformatted about 2 weeks ago and i have nothing of value on my computer, I'll avoid any online transactions. May I ask why avg can not stop these? I'm not sure what I paid for lol

here is the Dr. Web Log, got rid of most of them and moves 3!
I will now start with the second phase of you attack, thanks again!

skynetuoxirpyw.sys;c:\windows\system32\drivers;Trojan.Packed.2479;Incurable.Moved.;
SKYNEThrpajjlc.dll;C:\WINDOWS\system32;Trojan.Packed.2479;Incurable.Moved.;
SKYNETjtgtbjtx.dll;C:\WINDOWS\system32;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETuoxirpyw.sys;C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers;Trojan.Packed.2479;Incurable.Moved.;
SKYNETwmbvrnmstn.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETmsopymecrn.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETbcoyqpcwby.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETcrncwbduyp.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETorxusibapn.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETtpetqfquhd.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETumxtbvohfh.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETqmkddqomcu.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETwoygowuinc.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETyupsravojd.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETxcwjbdmaio.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETnsfnoofusv.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETriyeiyfvsd.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETngrdwelkry.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETmfkvpswkbn.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNEToqebraijan.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETtgytjigyuv.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETydqlehjujt.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETonmuutkpnl.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETovcllfiphk.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETkdudknlcuv.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETcbrouboydx.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETtbpvhlndmg.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETsdlolpdavc.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETsfulqmomkk.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETlplxbfvxij.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETjeoeaqhcyw.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETtrxthcobcx.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETugfsciywnd.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETlnxoxlxvlo.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETjbyldjkxbd.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETrykhwtefeo.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETjbxfvgkuaf.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETehhvwgpwqi.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETlcnoipmfyw.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETqocagcomdq.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETgpctgelrog.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETapcyjxavah.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETpmpsdleakx.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETeghhibtkhi.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETlmboypdael.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETpjltiblldd.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETlgttoujvmh.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETxaphservqg.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETghbkqbcrbq.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNEThfcmndokxp.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETxhefqxparl.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETbafmusstfv.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETgihvmvmowk.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETtixilsiovo.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETlkhlugxdcr.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETkkntusrsjw.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETobbuuogonr.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETkcasjsrsmv.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETpphhjltyvv.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETgicshvvqaq.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETgxjmbktvlg.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETeenmxhyqyt.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETciqdcdxvnx.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETmcvdvrtqev.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;
SKYNETbufauwixgo.tmp;C:\WINDOWS\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.265;Deleted.;

#6 elle_belle

elle_belle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2009 - 11:49 AM

This is the root repeal log, I haven't done anything further than the scan, thanks again for the help!!!

ROOTREPEAL © AD, 2007-2009
==================================================
Scan Time: 2009/07/03 13:44
Program Version: Version 1.3.0.0
Windows Version: Windows XP Media Center Edition SP3
==================================================

Drivers
-------------------
Name: dump_atapi.sys
Image Path: C:\windows\System32\Drivers\dump_atapi.sys
Address: 0xA91A5000 Size: 98304 File Visible: No Signed: -

Name: dump_WMILIB.SYS
Image Path: C:\windows\System32\Drivers\dump_WMILIB.SYS
Address: 0xBADD6000 Size: 8192 File Visible: No Signed: -

Name: rootrepeal.sys
Image Path: C:\windows\system32\drivers\rootrepeal.sys
Address: 0xA88D5000 Size: 49152 File Visible: No Signed: -

Hidden/Locked Files
-------------------
Path: C:\HIBERFIL.SYS

Path: c:\documents and settings\ellen\local settings\temp\etilqs_hkvh8nlo9hx2nvuhvikf

Path: c:\documents and settings\ellen\application data\mozilla\firefox\profiles\hfwp5t8t.default\places.sqlite-journal
Status: Allocation size mismatch (API: 1081344, Raw: 98304)

Path: c:\documents and settings\ellen\local settings\application data\mozilla\firefox\profiles\hfwp5t8t.default\xul.mfl
Status: Allocation size mismatch (API: 1146880, Raw: 983040)

Path: c:\documents and settings\ellen\local settings\application data\mozilla\firefox\profiles\hfwp5t8t.default\cache\_cache_001_
Status: Allocation size mismatch (API: 1081344, Raw: 294912)

Path: c:\documents and settings\ellen\local settings\application data\mozilla\firefox\profiles\hfwp5t8t.default\cache\_cache_002_
Status: Allocation size mismatch (API: 1081344, Raw: 262144)

Path: c:\documents and settings\ellen\local settings\application data\mozilla\firefox\profiles\hfwp5t8t.default\cache\_cache_003_
Status: Allocation size mismatch (API: 1081344, Raw: 622592)

Hidden Services
-------------------
Service Name: UACd.sys
Image Path: C:\windows\system32\drivers\UACirkuhnwahnrdedq.sys

==EOF==

#7 elle_belle

elle_belle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:33 PM

I am now able to run MBAM, I ran a scan and this is my log file:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.38
Database version: 2369
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

7/3/2009 1:27:59 PM
mbam-log-2009-07-03 (13-27-59).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|)
Objects scanned: 129044
Time elapsed: 23 minute(s), 35 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 3

Memory Processes Infected:

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
c:\WINDOWS\system32\SKYNETkclgtkug.dat (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\WINDOWS\system32\SKYNETeknkvufo.dat (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\SKYNETuoxirpyw.sys (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

#8 elle_belle

elle_belle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:38 PM

still can not scan with avg :thumbsup:

#9 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,214 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2009 - 07:45 PM

Hello, Had a huge problem today and could not get on tilll now. Can we kill this one?

Now the next step...

Rerun Rootrepeal. After the scan completes, go to the files tab and find these files:

C:\windows\system32\drivers\UACirkuhnwahnrdedq.sys

Then use your mouse to highlight it in the Rootrepeal window.
Next right mouse click on it and select *wipe file* option only.
Then immediately reboot the computer.

Rerun MBAM like this:

Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when done
click Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan.
After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot into normal mode.

Also please run part 1 of S!Ri's SmitfraudFix

Please download SmitfraudFix

Double-click SmitfraudFix.exe
Select option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press "Enter"; a text file will appear, which lists infected files (if present).
Please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.

Note : process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs (AntiVir, Dr.Web, Kaspersky) as a "RiskTool"; it is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user.
http://www.beyondlogic.org/consulting/proc...processutil.htm

Edited by boopme, 03 July 2009 - 07:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users