Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Topics Are Gone...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Conejita2105

Conejita2105

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 06 July 2005 - 01:49 PM

Ok, something's wrong on here. My topics are gone. I was asking for help with my computer last week and I went on vacation. When I got back yesterday I checked to see if anyone replied and an error message keeps coming up so I can't check my topics or either they got erased. I don't know. But I was just wondering since my computer sucks and isn't working properly if anyone could just IM me because aim, msn, and yahoo messenger are just about the only things that continue to work well for me on this stupid computer. Thank you!

Mod Edit:: Messenger ID's and e-mail addy's removed for members benefit. ~ S

Edited by Scarlett, 06 July 2005 - 02:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 06 July 2005 - 01:54 PM

Do you mean this one?
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...topic=22607&hl=

This is a list of all of your topics:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...sult_type=posts

Edited by groovicus, 06 July 2005 - 01:55 PM.

#3 Conejita2105

Conejita2105
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2005 - 05:22 PM

well then could somebody actually answer me this time? I'm trying to download java and it's NOT working. This error message keeps coming up. This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verfiy that this is a valid Windows Installer package. Can someone... ANYONE tell me what this means?

#4 Conejita2105

Conejita2105
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2005 - 05:25 PM

Oh and those links don't work. My computer's not letting me click on links and other buttons. That's why I need the java download.

#5 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2005 - 05:58 PM

First of all, we are all volunteers here, and we do our best to help everyone that we can, so take a deep breath and calm down a bit.

First of all, I don't have a clue as to what type of Operating System you have, what Anti-Virus you have, or what happened right before you started having problems. Do you have System Recovery Disks? If everything was working before, I can't see that you would need Java at all.

It also loks like you have not folowed through on any single bit of advice, but instead have jumped from person to person, trying to find a quick fix. It just isn't going to work that way.

My bet is that your system is so full of malware that it probably won't run properly. So let's see if you can run this scan here:
[*]TrendMicro

Let it fix everything it finds, and it may take a few hours to run, so don't get impatient. Let me know what happens after that.

#6 Conejita2105

Conejita2105
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2005 - 06:40 PM

Ok, well I apologize, but I actually have tried everything that has been suggested to me and nothing seems to work. I have a Symantec Anti-virus and Solo Anti-virus. I also have Zone Alarm and I was using Yahoo Anti-Spy. Actually after using Yahoo Anti-spy that's when things stopped working. I don't know if it deleted anything that I need but it was working before I started using Yahoo Anti-Spy. I don't have any system restore disks and the system restore on my computer doesn't work. I've tried to access in safe mode and using different websites I've been given on here. But everytime I try to open it there's just a blank box. I get alot of those too (blank boxes on websites.) Certain things don't appear correctly or work anymore, such as buttons on websites. Like I said earlier in one of my posts I can't send e-mail either because the compose button does nothing. Any link you give to me doesn't work. I have to type everything in. Someone on this site told me that I should download Java but that error message keeps coming up. After running the Yahoo Anti-spy a few times when starting up my computer 3 error messages are appearing now. I'm trying to remember what they are, but I'll send them later if I can't. All I know is they would say something could not be found and they ended with .dll I'm guessing I probably needed those three things but deleted it by accident. I'll probably just have to reload windows XP altogether if nothing else works. Just to let you know I wasn't seriously getting angry at anyone on here it's just that I really need things up and running again. This computer is the only way I can keep in touch with my brother overseas. So I'm sorry if it seemed like I was getting upset with you. I know you're trying to help.
Sincerely,
Conejita2105

#7 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2005 - 06:50 PM

That's not a problem.. I'm pretty sure we can help, I just needed to get you focused. Can you download HijackThis from this link?
'Hijack This!'.

I'm guessing you may have to do a reinstall also, but let's try other avenues first.

#8 Conejita2105

Conejita2105
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2005 - 09:45 PM

My computer won't let me copy and paste either :thumbsup: I need the actual website or page that it's on so I can type it in.

#9 bluto

bluto

• Banned
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 06 July 2005 - 09:53 PM

My computer won't let me copy and paste either :thumbsup: I need the actual website or page that it's on so I can type it in.

Thats a hyper link,just click.
See my PM first.
:flowers:

#10 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 06 July 2005 - 10:02 PM

Oh and those links don't work. My computer's not letting me click on links and other buttons.

@ bluto She is not able to click on any links.

Here you go, Conejita2105

www.downloads.subratam.org/hijackthis.zip

Posted Image

#11 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2005 - 10:05 PM

Click on start, then run, and type services.msc and press enter. Scroll downtill you see Remote Procedure Call (RPC) and tell me if its started.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users