Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant see image on vista

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 lun7200

lun7200

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:55 AM

whenever i run some programs i cant see the images. i bought this laptop brand new last november and since day one certain images dont show. i have java i have flash player i have direct x i have windows update everything up to date but nothing fixes it. it only happends on the programs on the computer, i havent experienced this on a web browser. what can i do. take this program for example. thanks

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 High500

High500

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 02 July 2009 - 05:27 AM

Have you tried right clicking the program shortcut and using "Run as Administrator" ?

Try that, maybe its a stupid permissions screw up (only maybe worth a try i guess huh?)

Let me know

High500

#3 lun7200

lun7200
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:55 PM

Have you tried right clicking the program shortcut and using "Run as Administrator" ?

Try that, maybe its a stupid permissions screw up (only maybe worth a try i guess huh?)

Let me know

High500

just tried it, no luck

#4 High500

High500

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2009 - 08:24 AM

If it is just this application, then its likely the images are missing/damaged/corrupted.

Have you tried re-installing the software??

High500

#5 lun7200

lun7200
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2009 - 02:27 AM

If it is just this application, then its likely the images are missing/damaged/corrupted.

Have you tried re-installing the software??

High500

yes, but its not the software it also happens on other apps, some that came with windows. Take for example, not that i ever use it, the Help and Support feature that comes with windows, it also has the image malfunction

ive neve seen anything like this, like i said i have everything up to date and i verified i had the correct drivers as well

#6 lun7200

lun7200
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2009 - 03:05 AM

*bump*

#7 KarlH

KarlH

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2009 - 12:49 PM

A long shot but try reapplying your Windows Vista Theme - Right-Click Desktop, 'Personalize', 'Theme', select 'Windows Vista' from popdown menu and apply. Also, have you disabled any services or changed any system settings in an attempt to speed up Windows Vista?

Or, it might be a problem with PNG files. Try this registry merge:
http://winvista.mvps.org/Ficheros/PNG.reg

Edited by KarlH, 07 July 2009 - 12:53 PM.

HP Laptop with Windows Vista Home Basic.
Just sold my best computer ever: MacBook witth Apple Mac OS X Leopard (same about the wireless issues).

#8 lun7200

lun7200
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2009 - 01:38 AM

A long shot but try reapplying your Windows Vista Theme - Right-Click Desktop, 'Personalize', 'Theme', select 'Windows Vista' from popdown menu and apply. Also, have you disabled any services or changed any system settings in an attempt to speed up Windows Vista?

Or, it might be a problem with PNG files. Try this registry merge:
http://winvista.mvps.org/Ficheros/PNG.reg

Ok, my registry seems to be fine, atleast the .png registrys

As a matter of fact i did attempt to make vista faster by changing settings, but i cant really remember what i did and to be honest i dont really know if the images worked before the setting change, i think the images just havent worked since i bought this machine

#9 lun7200

lun7200
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2009 - 01:43 AM

*bump*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users