Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

LogMeIn

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 johnny g

johnny g

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 06 July 2005 - 01:33 PM

I'm looking into different remote access software, I've tried Remote Desktop and VNC and found it's too much of a hassle reconfiguring firewalls and dealing with setup. (okay, maybe it's relatively simple, but try explaining everything to my 72 year old grandmother and then talk to me :thumbsup: )

I want something that I can deploy quickly, so now I'm looking at webbased solutions like GoToMyPC and MyWebExPC. I still have'nt found something I love. Most of them want credit card numbers from the get-go which always makes me pause.

The only one I've found that worth a second look was LogMeIn. It's free, but I'm not sure if this means its actually a good program. So my question is--has anyone here had experience with Logmein?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BrianK

BrianK

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2005 - 06:50 AM

Yes,

I have used it on a remote users pc for administration.
We are both using broadband connections, and are both going through firewalls.

Setting up was fairly easy, but i did find it pretty slow, but it could be the standard of connection. I use it puerly for emergency purposes. I wouldn't dream of using it for regular working.

But, it is very simple to set up, so it shouldn't be much hassle giving it a try for yourself.

Brian.

#3 johnny g

johnny g
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2005 - 03:37 PM

thanks for the advice. downloaded the program and so far--a lot smoother than i thought it would be. was happy to see the double layer of security and other security measures they put in, like blacking out the screen and stuff. anyways, im still fiddlin with logmein, but so far--i like it! :thumbsup:

#4 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 08 July 2005 - 04:58 PM

Thanks for the "feedback" on your use of that program johnny_g"

Let us know how it works out for you in the future....

regards,
Koan

(And thanks BrianK for your input also!)
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users