Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Glitchy System

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Quickkill0

Quickkill0

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:53 PM

Hi all i just joined here so bare with me.My computer recently went through several crashes in one day like 3-4 afterward my system was left in bad shape lots of things flicker all the times my taskbar acts up and makes icons disappear or sometimes when i click on an icon it wont show up unless i keep clicking it until it shows up and things like my cursor disappearing and things like when in Firefox it takes several clicks on buttons to get them to work or when im selecting a filetype in a file browser it retracts itself upon clicking the list goes on.Can anyone tell me what i need to install or maybe what the problem is with.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Derek Ellis

Derek Ellis

• Members
  • 257 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:42 PM

First off, could you edit your post and break it into smaller pieces. I find that a single long paragraph i very hard to read and understand.

I know that this isnt a place for formal grammer and such, but it does make helping out a bit eaiser. That way i can re-read it in case i miss a part.

#3 Quickkill0

Quickkill0
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2009 - 05:55 PM

As i cant edit heres a better way of explaining:

Cuase = Computer crashed 4 times in one day.

Effect =
1.Screen flickers at random.
2.Objects take multiple clicks to register its being activated(ex:I click a folder i have opened in my taskbar it doesnt open till the 5th click)
3.The filter on all filebrowser dialogs retracts automatically after being clicked(the filter is the dropdown box that allows you to change what type of file you would like to select in a file dialog)
4.Sometimes when i minimize a file or application it wont add itself to my task bar it just dissapears altogether i have to manually switch to the task using taskmanager.

OS = windows 7
ive assessed my problem and figured it was a driver problem so i tryed to install latest drivers so i installed what i thought was the latest graphics driver and it made the problem allitle better.

#4 MilesAhead

MilesAhead

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:01 PM

Do you have a restore point or image backup made before the first crash? You may just have corrupted system files or registry.

"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
- Groucho Marx

#5 Quickkill0

Quickkill0
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2009 - 03:29 PM

Do you have a restore point or image backup made before the first crash? You may just have corrupted system files or registry.

I have no restroe points prior to the crash.

#6 Aus Smithy

Aus Smithy

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:20 AM

Suggest you try a different mouse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users