Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Requirements

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 heltune

heltune

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 PM

Posted 06 July 2005 - 01:07 PM

:thumbsup: hi i just want to know what is the "better" (im not saying the best) for computer gaming, you know all the "smooth sailing" factor for good graphics, memory and others n a game.
thanks to all.

please suggest what ill buy or do i need to redesign my old PC for smooth gaming interface...

tenks agaian!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gilmour

gilmour

• Banned
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 06 July 2005 - 08:02 PM

What is in your "old pc" you can always upgrade if you have a descent cpu. But if you don't I would build a new one.

#3 heltune

heltune
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2005 - 12:45 AM

just build a new one please... i might get from those suggestions.
thank you. :thumbsup:

#4 heltune

heltune
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2005 - 01:04 AM

hi again i forgot to put this
im planning to have a gaming or internet bar

that is why im asking from all of your opinions what is the "better? plan in buying a computer...
thannk you... hehehe

#5 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 07 July 2005 - 10:35 PM

at least an AMD 64 2800+, 1 gig of RAM (PC2700 or PC3200), since its a gaming bar create a network where all the games are stored, like a server or something, and in the PCs themselves like maybe a 40gb HD tops, 400 watt PSUs, i suppose youre not gonna put the PCs in cabinets, so get something flashy yet has good airflow. and any 256mb vid card to top it off.

theres my 2 cents :thumbsup:

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#6 maj.stiffy

maj.stiffy

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2005 - 03:57 AM

how much do you want to spend to build them, that will have a great deal to do with what you can expect to get, if you are just building something for a "cafe" type deal, you could just build a "barebones" pc like legoman suggested and have only the hardware installed in each comp needed to run what you want, then have a central server to host all your main stuff on, you could probably build a good gaming cpu like that for around $1000 bucks a pc....imo
maj.stiffy

#7 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2005 - 09:04 AM

If you are doing a Gaming/Internet Cafe don't skimp on the Gaming computers. The gamers will know. Although whatever you build will never be good enough. :thumbsup: Build some for games and some for internet.

Contact a local school and see if they have a computer club. Those kids will know what to build into a good gamer. Good advertising too.

Any generic pc will do for the internet group. If you have a local computer shop use them to build and maintain the computers (although I would let the kids build at least one for games) rather than going with Dells or something.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#8 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2005 - 09:24 AM

very goodpoints maj.stiffy and Leurgy now we have to see what heltune has to say

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#9 efizzer

efizzer

• Members
  • 360 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2005 - 09:25 AM

If I may add to Leurgy, you'll need to be aware of new tech that comes out. If you plan on being open for years, you're looking at upgrades at minimum every 6 months, at max every year. I agree with Leurgy on the local pc shop, but make sure you know what's going into your system. Make sure what makes a good gaming PC, not a monster ahead of the pack pc, but relatively upper mid-range to high end systems. For the internet pcs, i'd get some nice ITX barebones systems, Newegg has some nice ITX barebones systems. They offer silent cooling (esp shuttle) and don't take up tons of space... and space is important. They also have sound on-board so you don't have to worry about sound cards. Sorry... i'm going on and on... a friend of mine did the internet/gaming cafe.... it did well for a bit, but he didn't stay with the latest technology. If he did, he'd still be open.

I wish you luck in your endeavours.
Posted Image

We're going to make the merry-go-round go faster, so everyone needs to hang on tighter-just to keep from being thrown to the wolves.

#10 heltune

heltune
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2005 - 11:42 AM

thanks for all of your suggestions... i got some ideas how to build one...

i just have one last qwery... i fear that somehow after bilding this bar or cafe like that ofmy other friends it seems (although it is really possible in reality) that customers would lie low as time pass by and other cafes or bars would close OR transfer to a different place and start a new one.

can you suggest what am gonna do to maintain ( i know it is impossible) at least a good pacing of the business... any ideas? pls.

i know its like steping on a rainbow but suggestion can help.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. :thumbsup:

#11 efizzer

efizzer

• Members
  • 360 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2005 - 12:09 PM

:thumbsup: I'm not quite clear on what you mean. Are you asking on how to keep customers happy? You want to keep a good customer base? My opinion.... which is just that, you may take it or leave it, is that you:

#1: Keep up with Technology (as I suggested earlier). Don't keep the same stale games as the new games come out, phase them in, when the old ones aren't played anymore, phase them out. Same goes for Hardware.

#2: Are you going to do MMORPGS? That opens new doors for stuff. As long as customers have their own account with that MMO, you can have special events for them like WoW Raid nights, or CoH Arena events. If they become popular enough, you may be able to get "official" events sponsored by the MMO company (though I know Blizzard won't go for that).

#3: Create "Tournament" Nights. Unreal 2007 will be out within a year! You can do Unreal Tournament Nights where you have prizes for the winner. Battlefield 2 is out as I speak, can you imagine the team games you can have there? You need to be dynamic and spontaneous.

#4: If you do a cafe, keep up on the latest trends in coffee / tea / etc. I've never seen an internet bar.... I try not to drink and game.... I do, but I try not to.

#5: (Very Important) Keep your PCs safe and bug/spyware/virus free. This will be your biggest chore as long as you are open. You'll have hackers/crackers and all sorts of people messing with your PCs. I'd try to avoid Wireless unless you're goingto let ppl bring in their laptops. I dunno if you've read Harry Potter, but one of Harry's teachers always says "CONSTANT VIGILANCE!"

I hope something here helps you out. I wish you luck mate!
And let me know where/when you open this place, i'd love to visit!
Posted Image

We're going to make the merry-go-round go faster, so everyone needs to hang on tighter-just to keep from being thrown to the wolves.

#12 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2005 - 02:21 PM

can you suggest what am gonna do to maintain ( i know it is impossible) at least a good pacing of the business... any ideas?

Have the best gaming computers, hold tournaments and other activities and the gamers will play while their friends surf the net. You need to create reasons for your clientele to be there.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#13 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2005 - 05:44 PM

keep the gaming computers on a hardwired network while u can have a seperate WiFi network for people who bring in their laptops

- Rick Cook

#14 heltune

heltune
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2005 - 10:55 PM

sory for the obscurity.

i meant for good and happy customers so that theyll not get easily bored on it.

those were good sugestions... thank you friend MMO is prominent here also i might delve also on that spot and other suggested parts... keep going...

thank you very much.

:thumbsup:

#15 heltune

heltune
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2005 - 11:01 PM

THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR SUGGESTIONS...
:thumbsup: HURRAHYEAH!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users